Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pizza in town

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I heard Sopranoes are different to anything else in town, i heard they are traditional italian variety thin and crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I heard Sopranoes are different to anything else in town, i heard they are traditional italian variety thin and crispy

Where are they in Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

STIG83 wrote: »
    Where are they in Waterford?

across from storm cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah they are extremely thin. Lovely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

i was going to ask what the name of that place across from storm cinemas was. sopranos ... its immense. on the beer on the wagon on the rag no matter what your situation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

kkdela6 wrote: »
    i was going to ask what the name of that place across from storm cinemas was. sopranos ... its immense. on the beer on the wagon on the rag no matter what your situation

Seriously, do I need to be thinking of that when eating a pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Goldenballs101

dominos dominos dominos dominos dominos dominos dominos dominos dominos

trust me

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Sopranos all the way. Proper stone oven.

KingLoser wrote: »
    Sopranos all the way. Proper stone oven.

Is it a wood fired oven?

dayshah wrote: »
    Is it a wood fired oven?

Pizzas out of a wood fire oven are savage!! my sister has one in her back yard in the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye sopranoes or ginos, lidoz in tramore are nice enough too get the calzone out there its the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

got the guinness pizza in la taverna recently. Now i travel alot to venice(while eating alot of pizza) and I have to say it was one of the nicest pizza's i have ever tasted, most definitely in ireland and battling it out with the best in Italy.
    It was that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

There's two types of pizza in Ireland: Thick stodgy base franchise pizza and the thin base traditional Italian. Best pizza of the first type would be Chicago town from the freezers in Tesco ;)

Best thin base is from Emilianos on High St. La Taverna is good but the selection is'nt as good. Both of those places have high prices when compared to Sopranos. Sopranos wins for value and Emilianos for best tasting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Think I must be the only one that likes a doughy pizza. I'm not overly a fan of the thin ones.

ziedth wrote: »
    Think I must be the only one that likes a doughy pizza. I'm not overly a fan of the thin ones.
    Rather the doughy ones meself. The thin sopranos ones are nice though in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Espresso does nice pizza's too.

Does anyone know if La Taverna do takeaways?

I used to like them Goodfellas frozen ones, have gone completely off them now, so bland and tastleless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

RubyK wrote: »
    Espresso does nice pizza's too.

Does anyone know if La Taverna do takeaways?

Yes 051 852609

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Yes 051 852609

Christian only lives up the road from me. He is always saying he will bring me up a pizza but I keep forgetting to ring him. Going by what people say I think I might have to get a Guinness pizza off him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

seanybiker wrote: »
    Christian only lives up the road from me. He is always saying he will bring me up a pizza but I keep forgetting to ring him. Going by what people say I think I might have to get a Guinness pizza off him

he is some man to talk!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

had an aldi carlos pizza the other night didnt think it would be up to much but was the nicest frozen pizza i have tasted:D

wellboytoo wrote: »
    he is some man to talk!!!!!!!
    Haha sound chap

dermo909 wrote: »
    There's two types of pizza in Ireland: Thick stodgy base franchise pizza and the thin base traditional Italian.

In fairness it depends on the part of Italy. In Florence they are usually thin, in Naples a bit thicker though only outside of Italy do you get 3 inch thick toppings like in Ireland (a slight exaggeration).
    sophie22 wrote: »
    had an aldi carlos pizza the other night didnt think it would be up to much but was the nicest frozen pizza i have tastedbiggrin.gif

I agree. I think Aldi have the best frozen pizzas.

dayshah wrote: »
    In fairness it depends on the part of Italy. In Florence they are usually thin, in Naples a bit thicker though only outside of Italy do you get 3 inch thick toppings like in Ireland (a slight exaggeration).

I agree. I think Aldi have the best frozen pizzas.

Really? must try one sometime.

Ok, they'll never be as good as a fresh pizza. But I've tried all the goodfellas etc pizzas and I like Aldi the best. Lidl are fine too, but I'd take Aldi over any of the 'branded' ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

O Riain wrote: »
    got the guinness pizza in la taverna recently. Now i travel alot to venice(while eating alot of pizza) and I have to say it was one of the nicest pizza's i have ever tasted, most definitely in ireland and battling it out with the best in Italy.
    It was that good.
    What's on the Guinness pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

try the sweet chilli chicken one yum!!!! i want one now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

there is a new place next to the Marion, called itialpizza, they are an Italian couple, they are only open the last 3 days but there pizza is fantastic. Fresh ingredients and its made really well.

Oh a bit of competition for Angelo in The Marian!!, this new place in where that kebab place was?

• Advertisement

sophie22 wrote: »
    try the sweet chilli chicken one yum!!!! i want one now!:D
    Sweet chilli chicken, nice one!! will try it!!
    Cheers Sophie. :)

Advertisement