Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pizza in town

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

ziedth wrote: »
    Think I must be the only one that likes a doughy pizza. I'm not overly a fan of the thin ones.

No I'm with you, Tuesday BOGOF, 1st one 1/2 and 1/2, 2nd one all garlic bread and cheese!!!!!

8 dips

Chicken combo.... treat.

Haven't had this in months though, it just costs too much and Dominoes never have the offers that the ones in Dublin do.

In saying that I've never met a take away pizza I didn't like.

Hate Goodfellas etc, I like Aldi 3 pk thin pizzas but I add extra cheese when I cook them.

Have gotten some really rank pizzas from Lidl and Aldi though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Think I must be the only one that likes a doughy pizza. I'm not overly a fan of the thin ones.

+1 on that, must try a stuffed base pizza sometime, id say you would be dead after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

All this pizza talk I had to order an Apache. I was on dominos and they have 3 for price of 2 so I had to scedaddle away from that site before I ordered

Sweet jebus I'm stuffed. Sweating from the lot of food and all haha. Lying on couch unable to move now :(
    IMG_20110422_222042.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Apache is lovely. Sopranos wouldn't deliver tonight cause I just missed (by a couple of mins) their delivery deadline :\

Made a lovely sandwidch instead. Ham, Cheese and Parma Ham. Can't beat it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

seany u on the diet coke there now boi lol ffs never taught i see the day hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

My two cents in alphabetical order:

Apache- So-so
    Coney Island - I usually order a Coney Island Special - an exceptional pizza!
    Dominos - Had a dodgy one years ago, can't even stand the smell of them since then
    Florins - Slightly more expensive than Coney but are equally good (if not better!)
    Ginos - Good, but not as good as Coney or Florins and they don't deliver
    Mizzoni's - The latest delivery in town, but fairly doughy.
    Sopranos - Ok, but some of the toppings are of poor quality imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Use to be a Four Star fan myself but im now fond of Florins,

The €20(could be 19.95 or around that) meal deal is excellent value for a group of 4-5 and i think its delise....

Anyone know if they'l be delivering tonight???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I had a Dominos last night (from Dungarvan mind) €9.99 for any size was gonna share a medium but we said why not and get a large. Just managed half it. I'm gonna chance it for my tea tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I had a Dominos last night (from Dungarvan mind) €9.99 for any size was gonna share a medium but we said why not and get a large. Just managed half it. I'm gonna chance it for my tea tonight.

I've always been annoyed by Dominos and their weird pricing scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

It all depends on ones personal taste of course and I like my pizza Italian style and not American or Paddy or generic megachain takeaway style.

Therefore it's la Fontana for me all the way. Sometimes I go to Mizzonis when I'm around the corner they have a couple of choices that aren't too bad.

Everything else is between yuck and ok but like I said that's just my personal taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I haven't seen Espresso mentioned yet. We love their pizzas.

Tried Sopranos over the weekend, after reading and hearing lots of good reports. We didn't enjoy it at all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Strangely enough I don't think espresso is any good but it's been a while since I went there.
    Where is sopranos, is it new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just ordered florins there from justeat. I think i had a florins before but not sure. :)

Advertisement