Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census 2011 - Single occupancy - nobody home

Options
  • 16-04-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I live alone and was not in the house on the night of the census, how am I supposed to fill it in?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You were supposed to be included in the form for the place in which you stayed that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 agi76

Thanks Moonbeam,

I was at my parents in Northern Ireland that night, how should I fill in the census for my home in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Contact the enumerator, ask for an empty house form. Don't fill in the form you got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

1) fill out page 2.
    2) fill out LIST 2 on page 3. (your name)
    3) skip to page 22. fill out Absent Person 1.

done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

As Bicycle says above, you need to fill out a different form when nobody is present in the abode. In this form you'll be asked some very basic details and the address you actually stayed in. The main census form is not applicable in this situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement