Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Home Care

Options
  • 16-04-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone have any experience good or bad of in home care?
    My mother has early Dementia, which is now starting to effect her day to day life. We really just need someone to make sure she eats, takes her pills and be there if she needs anything, and generally keep her company. Myself and my father both work, he returns home about 6 everyday, so we don't need 24 hr care.
    Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hiya, there are some agencies that offer this ranging from a few hours a day to 24/7 depending on needs. again, depending on needs the hse might provide some. also voluntary agencies like the alzheimers society.

a good starting place would be your public health nurse, they'd have a lot of info on what's available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JonathanAd

Yes Nyberg, I would also advised you the same as there are many home care agencies to which you can contact and if you succeed to find suitable then it you need to take suggestion and advise about the company's services and it's commitment. Home care agency will provide you a care giver and you have to pay charge on an hourly basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michaeljrdn23

Hi,

My mother has had a few falls in the last couple of months and I'm concerned coming into the winter months about her been home alone. I was thinking about home care and getting someone in for a couple of hours a day to check on her and help her out as im based in Dublin and my mother is living in Trim. Can anyone recommend a local home care company or have any advice?

Many thanks,

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭burberry

Hi,

My mother has had a few falls in the last couple of months and I'm concerned coming into the winter months about her been home alone. I was thinking about home care and getting someone in for a couple of hours a day to check on her and help her out as im based in Dublin and my mother is living in Trim. Can anyone recommend a local home care company or have any advice?

Many thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael my advise would be to contact the district nurse in trim she may be able to sort out some home help for your mum.

Advertisement