Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording duathlon data on a Garmin 305

• 16-04-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭

I was doing duathlon training today and set up my Garmin 305 to use multisport (press Lap to go to next part).

When I uploaded it to Garmin Training Center app it displays the training as one event and you can examine the individual parts (including transitions).
    But, when I upload it to Garmin Connect it splits it into 3 sports (a run, a bike and a run) but drops the transitions. Bit annoying.

How do others record multisport activities on their Garmin? Treat as one sport or use the Multisport feature?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It should(?) upload the transitions as an activity too... or at least the 310xt does..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

mloc123 wrote: »
    It should(?) upload the transitions as an activity too... or at least the 310xt does..
    I checked again - 305 doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ah, that is kinda crap. Can you choose how many legs on on the 305? You could set it up as... run-run-bike-run-run without transitions... again this is possible on the 310 so I am not sure on the 305.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

mloc123 wrote: »
    ah, that is kinda crap. Can you choose how many legs on on the 305? You could set it up as... run-run-bike-run-run without transitions... again this is possible on the 310 so I am not sure on the 305.
    I can do that - maybe I could do run-other-bike-other-run or similar.
    It is nice that Training Center has it as one workout. I suppose Garmin Connect is not set up to display multisport workouts.

Advertisement