Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plywood outdoor play-house

• 16-04-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm going to build an outdoor playhouse for my daughters,and was wondering if plywood would be suitable,as I will be painting it,so would this be enough to protect it from the elements?

I previously priced treated ship-lap lengths like the ones used in garden sheds,and it was coming to around €100.
    Would sheets of ply be cheaper if it was suitable to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

Not sure price-wise, but I think marine ply would be better for outdoor use than standard plywood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Last time I bought marine ply it was about €26/28 for an 8*4 sheet, You'd need about 3 I suppose for any decent size of playhouse.. Shuttering ply will be in bits in a very short time so would be a waste of money as I think its only about €5 a sheet cheaper..

I think for the differ in price the ship-lap would look the business and I'd reckon it would last longer too..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nicecupotay

bbam wrote: »
    I think for the differ in price the ship-lap would look the business and I'd reckon it would last longer too..

Yeah,probably very little in it so price-wise so,and ship-lap would look better alright.
    So hopefully I'll be able to come up with something like this!......

photo-wendy-ron.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Nice plan, but Marine ply is ridiculously expensive for a shed. I'd go with the shiplap if I was you.

Advertisement