Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belkin Router Problem

• 16-04-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

I had a Netgear router which was working away fine for the laptop(wireless) and (wired) xbox live connection. Suddenly it stopped working for xbox live saying it required an MTU value greater than 1364 (I think). A check of the netgear showed the MTU set at 1500. I assume the router was on the way out as it happened suddenly and not as a result of setting being changed etc.
    Anyway, I have an unused Belikn router F5D8236-4. It works perfectly fine as a wireless router but two issues prevent it from being used on xbox live.
    The first issue is that it randomly disconnects from the internet for a couple of seconds. This is not noticable during normal browsing but it causes the wireless xbox connection to re-set.
    The second issue is that as soon as I plug a cable in to attempt wired connection it disconnects. Literally the second the cable is pushed in the internet indicator light goes off.
    Although this is to all intents and purposes a brand new router it was bought about a year ago so any proof of purchase is long since lost. Should I just replace it or can anything be done with it?
    Any info or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marcopop

Sorry now I'm no help but if u have solved this issue, please let me know cause I have the same issue with my belkin router too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Belkins are terrible pieces of shít, I've never had any luck with them, you'd have better luck getting the latest firmware for the Netgear and flash that to see does it fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marcopop

How would one do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

marcopop wrote: »
    How would one do this?

You have a Belkin, a firmware update won't stop that being a POS. :D
    My suggestion was aimed at cycocycle and his Netgear that was working but messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

The netgear was set up to check for updates on log in. Is this the same as checking for firmware updates?

• Advertisement
Advertisement