Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in porterstown area!

Options
  • 16-04-2011 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Was just driving from the Clonsilla road over the bridge towards Riverwood, and there's a really big fire down on what looks like an empty site near the apartments..... Anyone know what it is? The Garda chopper was hovering quite low over my house for a while at about 10pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I presume that's the same fire that I same lots of smoke coming from before 8pm when I was on the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is the fire still raging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

It looked like it was coming from the old house at the end of the lane on the coolmine side of the canal bridge. I hope no one was hurt.

The fire blazed for about 3 hours plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

iv got the horn

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

iv got the horn

Ah, drunk posting in the early morning. I've quoted it for posterity in case you delete the original. Please do not do it again. It only drags threads off topic.

Thanks,

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Yea that fire was raging for hours! a field next to Stationcourt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 EdwardHopper

The fire was in what was to be the green area of the Windmill development which the developer never finished. I don't know if he ever finished the apartments but the plans, when they were launched, included a park area on that side down to the canal. Instead the residents have had a view of builders rubble and debris piled high for the last few years.

The Giraffe creche would have been quite close to where the fire was. There was a lot of smoke early in the evening, then by the time it got dark the flames were shooting quite high and the fire service was there until 10am this morning....hopefully not the same teams who were on site at 7pm on Saturday evening. Hopefully the developer will be charged something for the expense involved in the fire service controlling the fire throughout the night as the area was not sufficiently secured.

Advertisement