Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance, please

Options
  • 16-04-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I would greatly appreciate some guidance/advice on insurance for:
    House undergoing renovation
    Mobile home AND portacabins used for accomadation etc while said works are being carried out.
    3 cars and 2 vans + no its not a business
    I am being quoted some 'far out' prices and on another forum got given a telephone No but it was a 'dead end' (..no longer in use, etc)
    Please help!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

What do you consider to be 'far out' prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

eh? lots and lots of money. Sorry thought that phrase was a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Forget it then, only trying to help

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

Hey come on, I wasnt being smart. I got quoted a lot of money, thats all I was saying. They were all in the four figures (WELL IN). Dont know what I said/done to 'bug ya'. Hope the rest of the week goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

well it probably would be into four figures, as you want to cover the house being renovated, with EL and PL, the caravan you are living in, your contents, the portacabins as well as the motor vehicles.

ballpark, house would be in the region of €1500/2000. caravan perhaps €500, portacabins perhaps the same, two small vans at say €400 each and 3 cars at €600 each.

That comes to nearly €6k. What were you quoted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Hi there,
    I would greatly appreciate some guidance/advice on insurance for:
    House undergoing renovation
    Mobile home AND portacabins used for accomadation etc while said works are being carried out.
    3 cars and 2 vans + no its not a business
    I am being quoted some 'far out' prices and on another forum got given a telephone No but it was a 'dead end' (..no longer in use, etc)
    Please help!:o

Its near impossible to give you even a ball park figure for this due to the lack of information provided.

There are a myriad of questions you would need to give answers to.

Even the basic questions on the cars and vans.

What type of vehicles are they - makes,models,values
    Who is going to be driving them - do you need open drive,are there young or provisional licence holders going to be driving
    No claims bonus - how many years on each vehicle
    Class of use - will you need specific commercial cover on them,do you do deliveries

And thats on the vehicles alone.You really didnt expect to get any type of an idea based on the bare bones information provided did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tash115

Hi Perry stanley,
    did you manage to get your insurance? I'm trying to get insurance for a house under renovation wit employers and public liability. Finding it quiet difficult. Did you manage to get it in the end?

Advertisement