Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressmaker with excellent English

Options
  • 16-04-2011 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of an odd one:

I'm in a wedding party at home later in the year. The Bride has asked for my measurements, so she can get a dress made - the dressmaker is a friend, so will be available to to alternations in the few days before the wedding.

I'm useless at girly stuff like this, so want to get someone who knows what they're doing to measure me and write the numbers down.

The alternations people who I usually use don't have the greatest English, so I don't fancy trying to explain to them that I just want dress measurements and not a dress.

Wondering if anyone can recommend someone who'll understand what I'm wanting and be 100% sure of getting it right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I ll do it for you. I am a fashion designer and will get it 100% right. However of you find someone else be sure and get them to make note of measurements taken with ease and as these these are always margins you dont want repeated by the dressmaker. PM me.

Advertisement