Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a Pomegranate??

Options
  • 17-04-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am following the Jamie Oliver -30 Minute Meals- and a tasty drink he uses on page 266 is a refreshing drink using Sparkling Water and the juice of half a Pomegranate.

What is a Pomegranate and where can I get some?? I looked in Dunnes and Tesco but it doesn't look like that is a popular fruit!!!!

Does anyone know if there are sold in the major chains etc???

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I got some in Marks and Spencers before. Was just the seeds,not the whole fruit. Was pre packed but was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Either Lidl or Aldi have them at the moment, I honestly can't remember which it was that i saw them in! Just thought it was odd to see them so late in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Sometimes in Ireland they are called "wine apples". Tesco do usually have them. They are in season and seem to be plentiful here in the Autumn, but you can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They're seasonal alright. Haven't seen one in a while. Usually don't pop up until Sept or so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They look like this:

pomegranate.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Lidl, Tesco, Dunnes and Marks usually seem to have them, but I don't think this is the right time of year. I usually see them around in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yep I was looking for some a few weeks ago and had to end up buying the seeds from M+S.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Lidl have them but named as wine apples. Just got one yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭sundodger5

hope they had found them since 2011

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Rags please don't dig up old threads.
    Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement