Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Khan vs. Mc Closkey

• 17-04-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Placed a bet on McCloskey to win with pp and the result was a technical points decision for khan after 6 rounds it was an absolute shambles that after an accidental bump of heads and a small cut to mccloskey that the ref and doctor stopped it even though the cut was so little it wasn't treated afterwards im just wonderin should i email pp and ask for a refund because i dont think it was a fair decision :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

They'll say nay.
    Unless they publicly announce they're refunding bets as a good will gesture. They wouldn't refund some people and not others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Thanks mate just clutching at straws really because i feel bad for the lad because khan was going on afterwards as if he had hammered him and said no to a rematch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

To be honest I wouldn't actually be surprised if they were doing some sort of refund thing. They often do in situations where a result seems unfair but within the rules.Hopefully they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

It was worth a try anyway but we will see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

From PP Website:

"The judges had Amir Khan ahead on the scorecards and – in all honesty – a miraculous recovery was looking improbable, but at Paddy Power we believe in fairness and whilst Paul McCloskey was still standing, he always had a puncher’s chance of scrambling to an unlikely victory – especially given the history of King Khan’s less than granite chin. Not for the first time in his career, Khan has benefited from a generous decision on cuts, but it doesn’t mean Paddy Power customers have to lose out.
    As McCloskey backers didn’t really get a run for their money, Paddy Power are doing the decent thing by refunding over €50,000 in single bets on McCloskey to win the match. We’re also refunding Round Betting on ‘McCloskey to win in Rounds 6-12′, ‘Group rounds 4-6, 7-9 & 10-12′, ‘McCloskey on Points’ and ‘McCloskey by KO/TKOs’. It applies to both pre-match bets and bets placed in running."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fair play to PP, they do pay back on controversial decisions unlike other bookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They aren't doing it to be fair.
    it's free advertising for them when the story runs in the papers. It cost of the pay out is e50,000. Pretty acceptable price to pay for the publicity

Advertisement