Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get this gearbox???

• 17-04-2011 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Anyone know if there's any retailers in Ireland who sell complete VFC V2 gearboxs and how much they are?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Out of curiosity, why do you want a vfc box? There are far better boxes sold complete that fit vfc guns...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Firekitten wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why do you want a vfc box? There are far better boxes sold complete that fit vfc guns...
    And they are?

Anything that isnt a vfc box? :P

Systema ones arent bad, g&p boxes, Modify boxes, allsorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Funnily enough Ive only ever had one problem with all my VFC guns, and that was my own stupidity leading to a stripped piston :rolleyes:

If I'm in the market for a complete box, VFC will always be my choice, they've proved themself on more than one occassion :)

To be honest, they have never struck me as anything special, or any paticular reason as to 'why' out of all boxes, they would pick that... Just a question to the OP, wondered what thier reasons were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

I can't speak for the OP, but in my own experience for the price you pay you're getting a fairly solid gearbox. The only gripe I have is the lack of a bearing spring guide, and the aluminium piston head, but I'm notoriously hard to satisfy:rolleyes:

In saying this I will admit, I might be slightly biased, I've owned most of the VFC range at one point or another, and gamed with pretty much all of it. But never the less it would still be my number one choice for a project gun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

+1 on the VFC gearboxs. have owned several vfc's and they are solid enough to run on 11.1v 20C li-po's all the time*. how many more gearboxs can handle that???

*i mean un-modified (gearbox)and in conjunction with a super high speed motor.

<edit; and to answer the original question QAS do the complete vfc gearboxs>

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

The QAS boys will sort you out for a VFC gearbox, great things altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

+1 on the VFC gearboxes.

The boys in QAS can get 'em...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Main reason for going for a VFC one is I've heard some pretty good things about them and was wondering where to get them as I was looking at different retailers and when I checked TNT their website was down for maintenance :) Although I have been looking at G&P gearbox's aswell and there pretty good aswell but when I was looking around for them I found good ones on english retailers but the one problem was the 1J version was all out of stock. As for all the helpful replies I'm now finding it hard to choose between the two but I think I'll go for the VFC one from TNT:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement