Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears Femme Fatale Tour To Come To Dublin

Options
  • 17-04-2011 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I forgot to put this up ages ago but it is true she has 2 dates down for December you heard it first Here

Britney Spears planning Dublin gig for new tour

Pop sensation Britney Spears is planning a sensational return to Dublin's O2, The Irish Mirror can exclusively reveal.

She is planning a gig in Ireland during her explosive new tour that will kick off later this year.

A source close to the star revealed last night: "Brit is back and this tour is going to be bigger than ever.

"Her new work is going to blow people's minds and she's adamant that she wants her Irish fans to get in on the action.

"This is going to be the comeback of the year - it's what we've all being waiting for - it's going to be the hottest ticket in town.

"Britney's team have already sat down and drawn up a list of countries they want the show to roll into. And the UK and Ireland are top of the list in Europe"

The pop princess, who's new album Femme Fatale is released on March 15, faced a barrage of criticism when she last performed in Ireland five years ago and mimed her way through the entire show.

The star was a huge flop with some fans even demanding their money back claiming they had been "cheated" by the pop princess. But the singer is determined to bounce back.

The source said: "She will be singing live this time. Britney wants to win back the support she lost on the last tour.

"She wants to take people's breath away with these gigs and she's going to start rehearsals in August. It's going to be huge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Thanks for the heads up! smile.gif

Weird article though, stating:
    sisco wrote: »
    [...]she last performed in Ireland five years ago[...]

She played 2 Dublin dates at the o2 in Summer 2009!

Do you have a source for this?

cheers!

sabrewulf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm there!!!! :D:D

Texting my sisters now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I'm after checking her official site and there is nothing listed for Ireland yet. Her tour dates are just listed up until August 13th. Her site has been updated with tour info on April 12th. Strange how there are no dates listed for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

^ official websites of artists are for me always the very, very last place to look for tour dates. I don't know why, but for most artists the dates are shown there weeks/months later than confirmed by venues, promoters, etc. :D

Advertisement