If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the current best 42" tv?

Options
  • 17-04-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a top notch 42" tv. What's the current pick of the bunch? Budget is flexible, not worried about 3d.

Ideally would like to know the best plasma and best LCD/LED choices .

Thanks,

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭devilabit

Interested in this myself, currently looking at either a 42'' or 46'' Panasonic GT30 but richersounds Ireland dont seem to stock these yet?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a top notch 42" tv. What's the current pick of the bunch? Budget is flexible, not worried about 3d.

Ideally would like to know the best plasma and best LCD/LED choices .

Thanks,

Pete

Pete,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - here are 2 choices:

LG 42LX6900 - really top-notch Plasma at just £699.95 (sorry it's 3D as well!)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/lg/42lx6900/lg-42lx6900

If you want LED - Philips have an amazing offer on their top-end 40PFL9705 which is now 1/2 original price at €999.99 - this really is an A M A Z I N G TV for that money and whilst it's 3D ready, you dont pay for teh 3D add ons unless you require them - it is designed primarly as a 2D top end TV - see details here:
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9705h_12/40pfl9705h_12_pss_eng.pdf

The Panasonic TXP42GT30 we can do to order at £1099.95 if required 2nd poster!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me. My colleague wants to go ahead with the Panasonic GT30. Its currently on the uk richersounds site for £999. Can you let me know if that's also your price and how much Delivery would be to Dublin (BLACKROCK)?

I'll see if I can persuade him to upgrade his home Cinema system now too :-)

He's now wavering towards the 50 inch... Can you quote for both the 42 and the 50 Pana GT 30?

Thanks to John and Dave for emailing me back directly. (Don't want anyone thinking they were ignoring me or something :-))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Can you PM me a price for the Panny GT and VT 42 inch? Also, how long is the warranty? Thanks.

dubber wrote: »
    Can you PM me a price for the Panny GT and VT 42 inch? Also, how long is the warranty? Thanks.

Dubber,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

TXP42GT30 - £979.95 With FREE 2 x Panasonic TYEW3D2 glasses worth £240!
    TXP42VT30 - £1279.95

Apologies again for the delay gettin back to you and as ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Dubber,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

TXP42GT30 - £979.95 With FREE 2 x Panasonic TYEW3D2 glasses worth £240!
    TXP42VT30 - £1279.95

Apologies again for the delay gettin back to you and as ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John

Is the TXP42GT30 open to delivery?

John

Is the TXP42GT30 open to delivery?

Self,

sure is - however please note that our Panasonics are UK specs and are not Saorview certified.

Give us a shout of you would like to order one and we'll get you sorted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.