Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lemon 070 PVR

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are you feeding it two cables from your dish?

It seems like it's set on single-tuner mode or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

i understand its a dual tuner unit. but surely i dont need a second feed from the dish in the 2nd lnb to be able to watch one and record something else.

if im allowed watch other itvs while recording then im sure its a setting of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

yes you do,

to watch one channel and record another you need 2 tuners, thus 2 cables from the dish to the reciever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

You do indeed need to run a second cable from the LNB. The reason you could only watch a limited number of channels while recording another is that they are on the same transponder (group of channels) from the satellite. I don't know your particular receiver but the best you can hope for with one cable is that the second tuner can tune in another transponder which is at the same polarisation and band. Using a second cable will allow the PVR to tune other group of channels independently, which will allow you freedom to watch any channel while recording any other channel. Groups of channels are selected by the receiver sending different voltages and/or tones to the LNB, so you really need two cables;)

John Mac got in before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

i see what you mean. i have a second lead going to an unused upstairs bedroom and will just run the lead down to the unit so.

thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement