Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus to drimnagh from town/bus to airton road from Drimnagh

Options
  • 17-04-2011 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

recently moved out the drimnagh direction,

just wondering, what bus do I take in order to get from Bus Aras out to the drimnagh direction? im looking to get out near the lansdowne valley place?

Also from around that place (lansdowne valley) what bus takes me near airton road in tallaght?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i think the 121 ans 122 go to drinmagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

where is the stop in town for the 121 or 122?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

77 77a will take u to town / tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

where is the stop in town for the 121 or 122?

they both stop in o connell street and d'olier street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

121, 122 are no good for the OP, they stop at the childrens hospital. 123 is the one you want from this group. goes up as far as lansdowne valley/ BOI junction (drimnagh road - it's actually walkinstown but lets not be pedantic :D)

To be honest OP, 77, 77A, 56A, 50, 151 will all get you from town to the above junction that bit more quickly than the 123. The 77 and 50 will take you all the way to Airton road up in Tallaght too

My advice from Busaras would be to take a bit of a stroll to Dame Street. Iirc all the above mentioned buses service the stop that's across the road from Abrakebabra/Peader Kearneys. That would be my stop of choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

do you know of www.hittheroad.ie? it will tell you what bus to get

theteal wrote: »
    121, 122 are no good for the OP, they stop at the childrens hospital. 123 is the one you want from this group. goes up as far as lansdowne valley/ BOI junction (drimnagh road - it's actually walkinstown but lets not be pedantic :D)

To be honest OP, 77, 77A, 56A, 50, 151 will all get you from town to the above junction that bit more quickly than the 123. The 77 and 50 will take you all the way to Airton road up in Tallaght too

My advice from Busaras would be to take a bit of a stroll to Dame Street. Iirc all the above mentioned buses service the stop that's across the road from Abrakebabra/Peader Kearneys. That would be my stop of choice

very silly question, but heading out that direction from Dame Street i should be on the side of the street that cental bank pub is yes? and not the other side of the street?

Thanks a million for all the info guys

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

the site i mentioned gives a map showing the stops

very silly question, but heading out that direction from Dame Street i should be on the side of the street that cental bank pub is yes? and not the other side of the street?

Thanks a million for all the info guys

Yup, the bank pub side although a bit further down near the olympia - you'll be taking the bus in the direction of christchurch as opposed to trinity

mari2222 wrote: »
    the site i mentioned gives a map showing the stops

thats brilliant, thanks for that

great site

• Advertisement

mari2222 wrote: »
    do you know of www.hittheroad.ie? it will tell you what bus to get

good site, ha ha it gives the exact 6 buses that i mentioned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 151 will take you directly from outside Connolly Station to Lansdowne Valley if you don't fancy walking.

The 50 and 77 will take you from there to Airton Road. The 50 serves the Belgard Road end while the 77 remains on Greenhills Road, with two exceptions in the early morning that operate along Airton Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

recently moved out the drimnagh direction,

just wondering, what bus do I take in order to get from Bus Aras out to the drimnagh direction? im looking to get out near the lansdowne valley place?

Also from around that place (lansdowne valley) what bus takes me near airton road in tallaght?

If you are going from Busaras to Lansdowne Valley,just jump on the LUAS and get off at the Blackhorse stop. Lansdowne Valley is right beside it. As for Airton Road,get the LUAS up to the Belgard stop and its about a 10-15 minute walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

If you are going from Busaras to Lansdowne Valley,just jump on the LUAS and get off at the Blackhorse stop. Lansdowne Valley is right beside it. As for Airton Road,get the LUAS up to the Belgard stop and its about a 10-15 minute walk from there.

The Lansdowne Valley apartments are nowhere near Blackhorse LUAS, nor any LUAS stop.

They are opposite the Halfway House pub at the Drimnagh Road/Long Mile Road Junction.

151 bus does that trip directly.

Actually lads, that might be my mistake, the OP didn't mention the apartments, I just assumed he/she was aiming for there (lansdowne valley p+p is there). He could well be looking for the blackhorse side of the valley...although I'd describe that more as bluebell than drimnagh

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

lxflyer wrote: »
    The Lansdowne Valley apartments are nowhere near Blackhorse LUAS, nor any LUAS stop.

They are opposite the Halfway House pub at the Drimnagh Road/Long Mile Road Junction.

The OP mentioned "that Lansdowne Valley place" which happens to be a small housing estate right beside the Blackhorse LUAS stop.If he meant apartments elsewhere,fair enough.Just doing my bit for society;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 oncebitten

The Landsdowne Valley park and estate are right at the Blackhorse Luas stop - red line directly from Busaras. There may also be Lansdowne Valley apartments somewhere else, but for the houses or the park, this is where you want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey,

Thinking of moving to Lansdowne Gate Apartments, whats that lane like at night to walk to the Luas? Is it lit up well? Would you feel safe you or your girlfriend walking down there on your own?

Beau wrote: »
    Hey,

Thinking of moving to Lansdowne Gate Apartments, whats that lane like at night to walk to the Luas? Is it lit up well? Would you feel safe you or your girlfriend walking down there on your own?

To bluebell luas is it? Not sure but way up to buses would be grand...buses generally better than luas anyway

lxflyer wrote: »

The OP mentioned "that Lansdowne Valley place" which happens to be a small housing estate right beside the Blackhorse LUAS stop.If he meant apartments elsewhere,fair enough.Just doing my bit for society;)

Apartments at far end of the valley behind drimnagh castle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

ciaran_h wrote: »
    To bluebell luas is it? Not sure but way up to buses would be grand...buses generally better than luas anyway

Buses don't finish up to 12.30 am like the Luas.

Advertisement