Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Employers in Sligo?

Options
  • 17-04-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question, I'm looking to find out who would be the biggest employers in Sligo apart from Abbott.

Doing a bit of research on local area for job interview.

Thanks

L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Local authorities and HSE I reckon would be pretty big employers....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Sorry, should have been a bit more specific, The bigger employers in the private sector. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

loctite wrote: »
    Sorry, should have been a bit more specific, The bigger employers in the private sector. Thanks again

what a pickle i have been trying to think for the last 15mins.Abbot and the HSE would be by far the biggest abbot has three factorys.Alot of the factorys in the IDA park would be around the same size anyones guess id say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Stiefel, but they're in the process of winding up within 2 years afaik. Bruss employ alot but I don't know the numbers. Connacht Gold employ alot between multiple Co-Op stores, their dairy (Cumeen) and butter manufacturing facility (Achonary). Might be the biggest apart from Abbot.
    That's all I can think of. Sligo did very badly from the Celtic Tiger really. Only big new employer that Sligo got was Toucan/Pipex/Tiscali and they're gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

il gatto wrote: »
    Only big new employer that Sligo got was Toucan/Pipex/Tiscali and they're gone already.

Gone a while now. At the peak the most that was there would have been 250.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the it on 600 ?

Advertisement