Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan for Easter

• 17-04-2011 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey everybody I was just wondering what are yere plans for study over Easter? How much do you expect/want/need to get done or what are ye concentrating on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I took time to do out my goals for the holidays there yesterday. I plan on getting into a good routine, and getting a decent amount done during this time period. The closeness of these holidays to the exams is pretty unusual, so we must use them to our advantage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

my plan for easter is study study and study

from mon to thursday i have construction studies from 9am to 5pm - we need to finishe the projects. from 5pm-6pm we have maths as many people have problems with maths .... so if i wont be too tired i try to study biology after school in first week and in second week i will try to prapare myself to Link modules axame as it is one day after we come back to school (4th of may ?)

Unfortunatel there is no such a thing as holidays before the lc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I took/am taking the weekend off. I'm planning on doing six hours a day, almost everyday. I have a couple of nights out planned and I know I won't get much work done after one of them. I think I will take the weekend before we go back off, just so I'm rested before the final couple of weeks.
    I need to clean my desk and sort out what work to do when before tomorrow :( I haven't cleaned my desk since before the mocks. Dreading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

taking this weeked off completely

I'm getting up at the usual time every day and studying from 9-12:30 having lunch, then off to the library for 3 hours so i get 6 and half hours done a day or go out in the afternoon to see friends then study in the evening
    either way im doing 6 and half hours a day 6 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

Our school are offering supervised study from 9-1 and 2-4 for this week so thats handy.will have to organise my own routine for next week though-tidying my desk would probably be a good start!...wont be doing much at the weekends will enjoy this last bit of freedom...only 7 and a half weeks to go now guys!!!scary!

• Advertisement

One of my friends is planning 10 hours a day. We were trying to talk him out of this. What do other people think? Utter lunacy or not a bad idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Aoifums wrote: »
    One of my friends is planning 10 hours a day. We were trying to talk him out of this. What do other people think? Utter lunacy or not a bad idea?

There's no way he'll be able to stick to this if he does it constantly every day. He'll just wear himself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I've planned to do about 8 hours a day with loads of little breaks throughout the day. Does this sound like too much? Also does covering the whole Biology course over the holidays sound excessive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hairybacon

I was thinking of just following my school timetable for the two weeks, study whatever subject it is for 40 minutes, but I know it wont last

I think I may do the same for biology, not looking good for the aul a1...

There's no way he'll be able to stick to this if he does it constantly every day. He'll just wear himself out.

That's what we tried to tell him :rolleyes: He wouldn't listen. He was also trying to convince us to go on two or three nights out with him. As if!!
    hairybacon wrote: »
    I was thinking of just following my school timetable for the two weeks, study whatever subject it is for 40 minutes, but I know it wont last

I think I may do the same for biology, not looking good for the aul a1...

I was thinking of that, but then I realised I would probably work better if I spent half the day on a subject then switched.
    I'm also trying to cover a good chunk of the biology course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

1. Correct my mock Maths exam (both papers)
    2. Write a comparative and teen culture essay for English
    3. Redraft my previous Wordsworth and Frost essays
    4. Do 2 maths exam questions everyday (36 total)
    5. Do one long question or a set of 9 short questions in Economics every day.
    6. Do 10 melodies and harmonies for music.
    5. 5 formal letters for French
    6. Record 3 audio-notes for Physics chapters
    7. Buy a f**k load of poly-pockets and sort out my sheets
    8. Eat Chocolate

at least that's the plan anyway :p

Talking about doing X amount of hours or just study, study, study is vague and non-specific. Sit yourself down and write some real targets, stick the sheet on your wall and tick them off as you go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Aoifums wrote: »
    I'm calling BS on this. How you would need ten hours a day for anything is beyond me. If he used his time efficiently he'd get absolutely everything he needs done in less than half that time.

Anyway, our school is doing revision from 10-6 on Monday to Thursday, so I'll be doing that. I won't be doing any specific sort of routine, just spend a few hours during the day catching up on stuff I didn't quite understand during the term and getting some types of questions on exam papers perfect. It's all about balance, guys. Feel free to spend your 10 hours a day or whatever but you're going to regret it when the pressure really starts after the holidays. Just take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Took a break over the weekend. Went out Friday and Saturday night. So nice and relaxed for two weeks of study. The plan is to start at around 9 every morning and study till 6. Then go out with friends to the cinema etc to relax after that.

I don't see what is so wrong about 10 hours study. You'll get lots done so there will be less stress closer to the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I just cannot see anyone doing 10 hours of good, proper work. How is it possible? Surely you're going to tire yourself out, then be wrecked when you go back to school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Feel free to spend your 10 hours a day or whatever but you're going to regret it when the pressure really starts after the holidays. Just take it easy.

I feel, if I do 8-9 hours a day

I'll
    nommm wrote: »
    get lots done so there will be less stress closer to the exams.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I just cannot see anyone doing 10 hours of good, proper work. How is it possible? Surely you're going to tire yourself out, then be wrecked when you go back to school.

Well I'm in school 7 hours a day and I usually end up doing homework till 9. So I'll actually be doing less work than I do in a normal school week.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Be delighted if I get three hours done a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I have 8 subjects so I am planning to do 1hr lessons for 4 each day. Ill be studying a certain topic, one which I cant remember, and then Ill answer an exam question or two on it, and then correct it.

Ontop of that I need to try squeeze a construction brief into there, but Ive got like 20 pages done already, so it shouldnt be too bad.

Does anybody have any recommendations...Is 4 hours to little ?

I find it hard to stay focused on studying after about 2pm...Hence why Im edging onto this ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

I think over 6 hours a day is too much, that said I almost need to be doing more for the amount of work I have to do or at least the amount of work I should be doing! Really starting to stress out now and I'm doing what everyone says not to do, I'm thinking of what I should have done and panicking about it rather than just starting! I'd say I'll be lucky to get even 3-4 hours done a day! :\ Uh I just can't wait until it's all over!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Whiskey757

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I have 8 subjects so I am planning to do 1hr lessons for 4 each day. Ill be studying a certain topic, one which I cant remember, and then Ill answer an exam question or two on it, and then correct it.

Ontop of that I need to try squeeze a construction brief into there, but Ive got like 20 pages done already, so it shouldnt be too bad.

Does anybody have any recommendations...Is 4 hours to little ?

I find it hard to stay focused on studying after about 2pm...Hence why Im edging onto this ^^

This sounds good, I think I'll do it. I haven't done any study yet though ... at all :/ but hoping to study loads from now to LC

• Advertisement

Whiskey757 wrote: »
    This sounds good, I think I'll do it. I haven't done any study yet though ... at all :/ but hoping to study loads from now to LC

Im on the same boat with regards to study. Literally all my effort has been put into my 4 projects up until now. So happy there done.

I think paying attention in fifth year really pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I got up at 8 this morning... started studying at 9 and just finished now. I just followed my school time table because that way I know I'll fit every subject in and then on the slots where I have religion/careers/p.e I can do Maths because that's the subject I need to work on the most.

One day down and I'm already tired and sick of it. :P

flyaway. wrote: »
    I got up at 8 this morning... started studying at 9 and just finished now. I just followed my school time table because that way I know I'll fit every subject in and then on the slots where I have religion/careers/p.e I can do Maths because that's the subject I need to work on the most.

One day down and I'm already tired and sick of it. :P

That doesnt sound like a bad idea at all. Do you think u can maintain it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    That doesnt sound like a bad idea at all. Do you think u can maintain it ?

I hope so! It's quite good to be finished all study by 3:30 and have the day to myself after that. I'm also finding I work a lot better just doing one subject for 40 minutes and then another subject for 40 minutes because my concentration has never been good!

I got scared last week and realized how little time I have left so now I'm all determined. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Monday – Economics
    Tuesday – Economics
    Wednesday – Economics
    Thursday – Business
    Friday – Business
    Saturday – Business
    Sunday – Geography (Project)

Monday – Geography
    Tuesday – Geography
    Wednesday – English
    Thursday – English
    Friday – Maths
    Saturday – Maths
    Sunday – French

Trying to do about 5 hours a day at each, bar Maths and French coz I'm good at them.

No Irish because I won't be counting it (pass) and i'll easily get a B.

2 and a half hours between 10 and 1 and then the same again between 4 and 7

Gonna be a long slog

And yes, I know I posted this at 17:12... :rolleyes: Have my five hours done already. It's a flexible schedule ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Made out a plan today, hoping to get 4-5 hours done each day. Hoping..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

To be honest, I find that timetabled study plans don't work for me. I find doing out a list of topics I need to go over and then doing exam questions till I feel comfortable with it works though. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to study Biology or do an essay. Depending on how I'm working at that time I'll either carry on with it or switch to something I'll be doing productively.
    I couldn't actually follow times of doing particular subjects. It wouldn't be efficient.
    The most important thing is to set aside the time in your day and get into a routine of working between certain hours. And for the love of god, take breaks! :P You need a bit of time to let your brain take it all in and give your eyes a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Absolutely nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

My plans involve coke,hookers and gambling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Exothermic wrote: »
    To be honest, I find that timetabled study plans don't work for me. I find doing out a list of topics I need to go over and then doing exam questions till I feel comfortable with it works though. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to study Biology or do an essay. Depending on how I'm working at that time I'll either carry on with it or switch to something I'll be doing productively.
    I couldn't actually follow times of doing particular subjects. It wouldn't be efficient.
    The most important thing is to set aside the time in your day and get into a routine of working between certain hours. And for the love of god, take breaks! :P You need a bit of time to let your brain take it all in and give your eyes a rest.

Quote for the sheer truth in it!

You can't really measure study in hours, its what you get done in the time you're locked up with the books!

Advertisement