Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan for Easter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

UrbanSea wrote: »
    My plans involve coke,hookers and gambling.

Are you sure it's the LC you're doing? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm gonna study... Startiiiiing....tomorrow :o FML.

I planned to do some today but got caught up making a twitter background and lying out in the sun. *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Get a summer job. Shake this cold/cough off. Wake up past 7 am. Have a couple of drinks in good company;). Fall asleep somewhere with a comfy couch after night out.Find that €20 that I lost somewhere in the house, Have some good Thai grub for dinner. Watch a movie. Go sleep some more.

*Plan's are subject to change*:p

That's what I love about getting 110 points over what I need in me pre's :rolleyes:

Have Fun studying everybody!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Get a summer job. Shake this cold/cough off. Wake up past 7 am. Have a couple of drinks in good company;). Fall asleep somewhere with a comfy couch after night out.Find that €20 that I lost somewhere in the house, Have some good Thai grub for dinner. Watch a movie. Go sleep some more.

That's what I love about getting 110 points over what I need in me pre's :rolleyes:

Doesn't mean you'll get 110 points over what you want in the real thing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

NotExactly wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the LC you're doing? :rolleyes:

Quite sure :cool:

• Advertisement

DaveMur1 wrote: »

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Doesn't mean you'll get 110 points over what you want in the real thing. :rolleyes:

What Noel said is true.A friend of a friend got something like 560 in the mocks. He was a bit disappointed with his 380 in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

What Noel said is true.A friend of a friend got something like 560 in the mocks. He was a bit disappointed with his 380 in the real thing.

A fella down the road from me, he's like twenty-something. He got 585 in the mocks, only 395 in the real thing. I got 55 over my course but I'm still worried abuot the leaving and still gonna work hard. I want to try and get a scholarship or something... give me something to aim for. As for study I want to do 4 hours a day. Did about 6 between today and yesterday.. getting there.

BASICALLT DON'T REST ON YOUR MOCK RESULTS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

Started the last 2 mornings at 8:cool:. I tried doing timetabled study yesterday but it wasn't really working out so this morning I did about 45 mins per subject with little breaks in between subjects, got 3 subjects done but not all I wanted to get done in them:mad:
    I find it very hard to study in the afternoon but I still do a bit.

Sooooo, tomorrow, hopefully 3rd time lucky. I plan to do about an hour and a half for each subject and do 3/4 subjects... Is that enough??
    Knowing me I'll probably only get 2/3 subjects done though:(

I plan to do about an hour and a half for each subject and do 3/4 subjects... Is that enough??
    Knowing me I'll probably only get 2/3 subjects done though:(

4 subjects,an hour and a half each subject is 6 hours which is loads if it's proper concentrated study. It's about quality not quantity though!

NotExactly wrote: »
    4 subjects,an hour and a half each subject is 6 hours which is loads if it's proper concentrated study. It's about quality not quantity though!

Ok, say I decided to cut back to 1 hour per subject and just did 4 hours a day. Is that enough?
    How much should I be gettin done in that hour? Take english for example, today I did 45 mins and just about got a Hamlet essay rewritten. Did a full honours poetry q in Irish in 45 mins and just about did 1 nd a half economics section B qs.

I'll do maths every day for 1 hour and rotate the other 6 subjects every day into the remaining 3 hours. I'm just worried I'm not doing enough.

If it meant I could have most of the day off, I wouldn't mind starting at about half six and getting 2 hours done before 9 but then I'd feel like I should be studying during the day, even if I had 4 hours done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I'm basically doing about 2 exam papers a day! A paper 1 counts as one paper and a paper 2 counts as another, not one together. I'll follow this for my whole break hopefully, then I'll do one paper a night until the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hairybacon

RHunce wrote: »
    doing about 2 exam papers a day... then I'll do one paper a night until the exams.

That's a great idea, I'm going to try that. I just can't stop putting off the study, my mind keeps wondering and I get distracted so easily. I have to motivate myself to work harder from now on, what do ye do to make yereselves study???

RHunce wrote: »
    I'm basically doing about 2 exam papers a day! A paper 1 counts as one paper and a paper 2 counts as another, not one together. I'll follow this for my whole break hopefully, then I'll do one paper a night until the exams.

Do you sit yourself down for the full time and do all the paper at once or gradually work your way through it? Do you do the whole paper without looking up anything as you go along or do it and then go back over bits you didn't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

hairybacon wrote: »
    I have to motivate myself to work harder from now on, what do ye do to make yereselves study???

I have a sign above my desk that says "September 2011 or September 2012?"

If I mess up the leaving I won't be in college until Sept 2012... so far away! So I study! Works most of the time. and When I find it especially difficult to study I do my favourite subjects until I refocus myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

hairybacon wrote: »
    That's a great idea, I'm going to try that. I just can't stop putting off the study, my mind keeps wondering and I get distracted so easily. I have to motivate myself to work harder from now on, what do ye do to make yereselves study???

What I have are loads of post it notes stuck up around the house that state the grade I want for each subject and that anything below that is unacceptable. I also keep a blog to keep myself motivated. If any of you want the link just PM me, maybe ye can help me stay motivated. We're all in this together sure :pac:
    Do you sit yourself down for the full time and do all the paper at once or gradually work your way through it? Do you do the whole paper without looking up anything as you go along or do it and then go back over bits you didn't know?

I try sit myself down and just tear through the paper in the actual time for the exam, but if I have to I will refer to my notes or books, that is how you learn after all. I don't think there's anything better than exam papers for learning though.
    brian93 wrote: »
    I have a sign above my desk that says "September 2011 or September 2012?"

If I mess up the leaving I won't be in college until Sept 2012... so far away! So I study! Works most of the time. and When I find it especially difficult to study I do my favourite subjects until I refocus myself :D

Thats a great idea! Hope you don't mind if I steal it :p I've my own little post it notes around the house as you probably read above. Think I'm also going to compose a list of teachers that I DO NOT EVER WANT TO SEE AGAIN :mad:

Here's to hoping we all stick to it! Ye should all set up blogs too! Really helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭unknowntoown

Havnt even started studying yet, only got 95 points in me mocks
    doing 3 higher lvls failed 2 of the 3
    doing 3 ordinary lvls failed 2 of the 3
    need 255 for college
    gonna start tomorrow
    255 shouldnt be a problem, mocks just didnt bother
    my own fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Havnt even started studying yet, only got 95 points in me mocks
    doing 3 higher lvls failed 2 of the 3
    doing 3 ordinary lvls failed 2 of the 3
    need 255 for college
    gonna start tomorrow
    255 shouldnt be a problem, mocks just didnt bother
    my own fault

my mate did the same and got 425 so it shouldnt be a bother on ya:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

9 to 9
    15 minute breaks every 3 hours.
    Write down what I want to do, then I do it. Seems to work.

I only do three hours on Saturdays and Sundays and I enjoy whatever night out I can get. Getting the PS3 back on Sunday after giving it up for Lent should also keep me motivated to do well.

9 to 9

I only do three hours on Saturdays and Sundays and I enjoy whatever night out I can get. Getting the PS3 back on Sunday after giving it up for Lent should also keep me motivated to do well.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

9 to 9
    This one has a neural-net processor. It's a learning computer.

• Advertisement

are we playing bull$hit....cause theres alot of it going on here...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

brownlad wrote: »
    I don't think it so much BS as it is just idealism. Having said that though I'm sure there are people out there who will do that much work, which is nothing short of commendable.

I'm currently in school this week doing revision classes, hope to spend the week focusing mainly on Maths, because I need to get myself more comfortable with the exam papers. I like RHunces idea of doing the papers, might see can I get a few mock papers and work through them.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I don't think it so much BS as it is just idealism. Having said that though I'm sure there are people out there who will do that much work, which is nothing short of commendable.

I'm currently in school this week doing revision classes, hope to spend the week focusing mainly on Maths, because I need to get myself more comfortable with the exam papers. I like RHunces idea of doing the papers, might see can I get a few mock papers and work through them.

oh im sure there is people who will do what they claim but i doubt everyone is...naaaammmm saying:p

I'm getting up at 4 each morning and studying until twelve at night. 5 minutes break every 6 hours. Getting each course done every day.

I'm getting up at 4 each morning and studying until twelve at night. 5 minutes break every 6 hours. Getting each course done every day.

You'd want to be getting 600 so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'm getting up at 12AM each morning and studying until 12AM the next morning. 5 second subject changeover break every 12 hours. I'm reinventing each course every day.

:pac:

in b4 mod locks thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

in b4 mod locks thread :rolleyes:
    Why would a mod lock this thread? :confused:

thread has lost purpose i guess ...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Pointless posts such as yours are generally a good reason to lock a thread.

Anyways how is everybody fairing with their study plans ?

After getting a tooth removed today Im contemplating taking today off as the pain just prevents me from focusing on a subject. Feel guild creeping up on me though..

Advertisement