Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan for Easter

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 irelandfan

Mines going really well today surprisingly I made out a timetable on Sunday and today's the first day I've been sticking to it just doing past papers if I need help then straight onto examination.ie. I've actually found that yesterday and Monday I did more study with no breaks,were's today I did less and had a few breaks and I learned more and drank allot of water today also and I went to bed earlier last night is well.
    Hardest part for me is the great weather were getting now and I know it's only gonna get warmer:(. with my luck the day I finish my exams it's gonna lash for the rest of the summer.
    Just on taking breaks whats the best way to take a break??? found myself today watching a bit of telly and as a result took me a good few mins to get back concentrated again for more study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭AislingMarie

UrbanSea wrote: »
    My plans involve coke,hookers and gambling.
    Charlie Sheen uses Boards.ie??..

Noice!=)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

How are the people who are using their school timetable finding the study going? Does it help keep you on track? I'd thought about doing it but I didnt have it with me at supervised study today. Might do it tomorrow and see how I go. I'll leave out French (as it's one of my pass subjects and I should scrape a B with a bit of study closer to the exams...hopefully :rolleyes:) and Religion which would give me about 4 and a half hours study excluding breaks? Thats if I can resist the temptation of the weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    How are the people who are using their school timetable finding the study going? Does it help keep you on track? I'd thought about doing it but I didnt have it with me at supervised study today. Might do it tomorrow and see how I go. I'll leave out French (as it's one of my pass subjects and I should scrape a B with a bit of study closer to the exams...hopefully :rolleyes:) and Religion which would give me about 4 and a half hours study excluding breaks? Thats if I can resist the temptation of the weather!

I'm not going by my timetable. I'm kind of focusing on a subject a day and have things I want to get done in each subject. To be honest I think 1 or 2 subjects a day is better than going by the school timetable. With 35-40min slots each day you won't get much done (when compared with 1 or 2 half days or so, even though it would work out to be the same time.). You'd get into a chapter/section and before you know it you're moving on before getting a chance to cover it throughly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

god im glad im finished with all thet studying makes me shudder just reading about it out of here:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I'm not going by my timetable. I'm kind of focusing on a subject a day and have things I want to get done in each subject. To be honest I think 1 or 2 subjects a day is better than going by the school timetable. With 35-40min slots each day you won't get much done (when compared with 1 or 2 half days or so, even though it would work out to be the same time.). You'd get into a chapter/section and before you know it you're moving on before getting a chance to cover it throughly!

I just find it harder to keep concentrating on one subject for too long; especially when it's not a subject I particularly like. I just constantly need something stimulating my mind. Maybe I'll just do 4 subjects a day as a kind of in-between solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I just had a revision course this week, but I only chose 3 subjects that I thought would be useful. I think at this point of time, it'll be better for me to study on my own at home. I don't have a plan as such but I make sure I do maths everyday because I know if I study really well for it, I'll be able to pull off at least an A2.:p And as for my other subjects, well, tbh, I can't stick to time-tables,I always end up messing them up and then feel bad and less motivated so I instead make out a revision list every morning of the things I would like to finish that day and tick them off as soon as I finish(The ticking off bit makes me happy lol :p). Also, i try not to do one subject for a long time as my mind just wanders off and I can't concentrate, I try to vary subjects as much as possible. :)

Oh, and I try to wake up as eary as possible, I usually start studying at 8, though I would like it to be earlier.

Let's see how next week goes for me, no revision course so I can stay at home all day and study. I have stopped going out and stuff, It isn't gonna help me, better start studying for the leaving now! :D And that reminds me, what am I doing here?:rolleyes: I should probably go and study!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm calling BS on this. How you would need ten hours a day for anything is beyond me. If he used his time efficiently he'd get absolutely everything he needs done in less than half that time.

Don't call that BS. I do morning until night (about 10am to 12am) so that's about 13 hours when you take out food, toilet breaks, etc. I don't really take any breaks in between studying and I might watch a bit of Conan O'Brien before I go to bed.

You would be surprised what some crazy folks would do when they're desperate enough to get the college course they want.

And, yes: I know it's lunacy and I wouldn't advise anyone to do what I do. It's just that I've been doing this more or less since first year (when tests are coming up) and I'm used to it (besides for the last year or so when I've become a lazy b*st*rd).

So anyway, my plan is to abandon my social life for the next 2 months and then have the most memorable summer of my life (planning to not remember any of it ;)).

Some people may think it's crazy/sad but hey, hopefully it will all pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Obscene amounts of quake live.
    Thats my plan for easter, tis going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My plan for easter was to use a study timetable I made up and do all the 6 subjects an hour each and a break after every two hours. And wake up early at 9am. Except that didn't work out and I've done hardly anything . I keep procrastinating. I have got this google chrome extension called stayfocusd that allows you to block websites at a certain times it helps. I thinking of getting up at 6am maybe earlier for the rest of the week but I have a revision thing next week so I'm there most the day with two study times a day. Getting so worried about failing now I failed 2 of my highers and maths ordinary , need 400 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I just cannot see anyone doing 10 hours of good, proper work. How is it possible? Surely you're going to tire yourself out, then be wrecked when you go back to school.

Surely it's all relative for what you're going for? There are schools/students out there putting in 10-12 hours a day with classes and study. If you're going for a high points course that's what you're up against. I do agree though that it's important to chill out now a bit too, especially as the exams get closer and this is our last chance. It really is a marathon, not a sprint and most teachers will be pushing us hard for the final few hurdles...do they have hurdles in sprints??

I want to get down with Hamlet, Boland, Dickinson and Frost completely before we get back at the very least anyway! Glad to know others need to clean out their desks and rooms and get plastic pockets. It feels like such a waste of time doing it even if it needs to be done sometimes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I think paying attention in fifth year really pays off.

Completely true!! I did mountains of work in 5th year, and sweet f*ck all in 6th year.
    Only for the work I did last year, I'd be in a right mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

So far I have done about a half an hour in total. I learned a couple biology defs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheRepeat

Is it just me or is it really difficult to get everything you want done? I think I tend to be a bit adventurous in my plans :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

brownlad wrote: »
    are we playing bull$hit....cause theres alot of it going on here...:p

:pac:

I probably should have mentioned that I take the weekends off, but I wanted to show off.

I study from 3am until 2am the next morning, and then I use a time machine to do it all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭AislingMarie

:pac:

I probably should have mentioned that I take the weekends off, but I wanted to show off.

I study from 3am until 2am the next morning, and then I use a time machine to do it all over again.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

does anyone else not just feel tired? like from start of 6th year year i have been doing evening study 4 - 6 and then study at home 7 - 10 maybe a bit longer everyday. and now for easter i cant do anything m just literally saying Fcuk it i dont care anymore. if anyone has any idea how to sort out this problem please let me no! :):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

does anyone else not just feel tired? like from start of 6th year year i have been doing evening study 4 - 6 and then study at home 7 - 10 maybe a bit longer everyday. and now for easter i cant do anything m just literally saying Fcuk it i dont care anymore. if anyone has any idea how to sort out this problem please let me no! :):):):)

I wish I had your work ethic. Methinks I'm fooked!!
    Just relax for a couple of days, or cut back on the hours you're spending studying a little bit. You sound like you probably have everything covered anyway, so it won't impact on you in June if you take it easy for a small bit.:)

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I wish I had your work ethic. Methinks I'm fooked!!
    Just relax for a couple of days, or cut back on the hours you're spending studying a little bit. You sound like you probably have everything covered anyway, so it won't impact on you in June if you take it easy for a small bit.:)

my work ethic! i have done nothing the past few weeks. like just tired all the time. and i do not have everything covered at all! i need 325 or 370 to be safe and id say i can get it but iv a chance i wont get the B3 i need in maths. (OL) this stupid thing is driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

I hear ya there, study etc was going great before christmas but has declined since. Easter was supposed to be a major catch up period but anytime I tried to do anything I was just tired and couldnt focus/concentrate!! Basically did nothing over easter! Absolute disastor:-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yep. Was meant to get a ton done this past 2 weeks and I had been working pretty hard but I've just hit the wall. I feel burned out all of the time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Yep. Was meant to get a ton done this past 2 weeks and I had been working pretty hard but I've just hit the wall. I feel burned out all of the time now.

Ditto, it's been quite tough these last two weeks I just feel very worn out and the man flu doesn't help much either :pac:

I was in for two maths courses on the first Monday and Tuesday of the break as well as doing a second English pre that Thursday and Friday in school.

It's been extremely tiresome to say the least and I reeeeaallly cannot wait until this Leaving Cert is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I know it may sound repetitive but you really should listen to your teachers/peers. Take a day or three away from studying and just do what you love doing. The last thing you need is to run into a brick wall in June and Id put money on it that a lot of people here will if they keep studying without relaxing.

RHunce wrote: »
    Ditto, it's been quite tough these last two weeks I just feel very worn out and the man flu doesn't help much either :pac:

I was in for two maths courses on the first Monday and Tuesday of the break as well as doing a second English pre that Thursday and Friday in school.

It's been extremely tiresome to say the least and I reeeeaallly cannot wait until this Leaving Cert is finished.

man flu! you must have been near dead so!:D
    i no what you mean ayrtonf7!

didnt do anything easter monday but it wasnt completely due to tiresome! a wicked hangover contributed! :p but its all good again now though. im just now at the sage where i can see the finish line and just getting on with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

I planned to do so much in easter but the good weather ruined me and i did nothing at all. Now its the 10th of may and i started studying. :(

Advertisement