Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational Psychology

• 17-04-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm wondering if there anyone here who has completed a qualification in Ed Psych and is working as an Ed Psych.

My questions are, is the Masters course sufficient, or should you aim for the doctorate?

What types of experience did you have when you were accepted?

Is anyone currently on the course in Mary I?

I have various types of experience but want to add to it in a focused way - so any advice on the blanks I need to fill would be great.

Roughly, my experience to date is with
    - homework clubs
    - ABA summer camps
    - children's sports coaching & summer camp management
    - psychometric testing with children
    - uni teaching and lecturing experience
    - full psych degree
    - experimental psychology lab management
    - publications, conference presentations, and successful grant apps
    - NO teaching qual

Any advice on what you would add to that would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anitack

Hi there, I have been accepted into the masters in UCD and am having a hard time trying to decide whether to accept it or not. From what I can gather the masters will eventually turn into a doctorate so down the line I would have to upskill. So I am now thinking of holding out and applying for the doctorate next year. I recently qualified as a teacher so I shall try to get some teaching hours and other useful experience that will hopefully make me a good candidate for the doctorate. In Ireland you might be ok with just the master but it seems in the UK the doctorate is very much what is required.

Advertisement