Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unicorn Experiment Log

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Sunset Place Newbury 20:15
    1 point win 20.0

lay 10.0

Chokurei Newbury 20:45
    1.5 point win 19.0

lay 10.0

last 2 for the day, hopefully a winner will be found!

-3.5 points on the day. Sunset Place traded at less than 2 and didn't manage to win :(3rd in the end. Chokurei came 4th/5th (close) but the lay went unmatched. Laaaame! Getting close but can't find a winner :( Sticking to the same system anyway because 1 winner will turn things around anyway. Just not getting the rub of the green with some of the horses.

+67.4 points overall.

Sapphire Pendant Curragh 14:40
    1 point win 11.5

lay 5.0

Hudson Curragh 17:25
    1 point win 21.0

lay 10.0

-2 points yesterday.

Ryedale Dancer Carlisle 16:30
    1 point win 8.8

lay 4.0

• Advertisement

Kaprun Sligo 20:20
    1 point win 21.0

lay 10.0

jive wrote: »
    Ryedale Dancer Carlisle 16:30
    1 point win 8.8

lay 4.0
    Kaprun Sligo 20:20
    1 point win 21.0

lay 10.0

2nd and 2nd. Kaprun went off at an SP of 27. Ryedale dancer ~ 4.

71135_247653397224_920529_n.jpg

0 points change on the day. Hopefully the bad luck ends soon cause today was ridiculous :D

Sharp Sovereign Ripon 14:40
    1.5 point win 14.0

lay 6.0

Only one for the day meetings

Sharp Sovereign Ripon 14:40
    1.5 point win 14.0

lay 6.0

Only one for the day meetings

went off at 10 but came 5th
    -1.5 points on the day. Hopefully find a winner soon cause this losing streak is getting dericulous. I put it down to having exams and not being able to do as much research as I would like (hence fewer bets than usual, also due to losing streak so don't want to stake too much when having a bad run) :P I finish soon though thank god :D

+63.9 points overall.

Graycliffe Ayr 17:25
    1.5 point win 17.0

lay 9.0

• Advertisement

Special Reserve Punchestown 17:10
    1 point win 60.0

lay 20.0

Just back from a week away only had two bets all week. Fantasy Explorer who came 2nd (was going to post this one up but didn't have the time to get on here, lay matched anyway but no win again!) and Safari Sunup who won at 5/2 earlier today. Had no intention of putting Safari Sunup on here though as it was just a tip I got close enough to the off so barely had time to get the bet on.

Have gotten word for 2 horses tomorrow - Beliar (4.35) and Grand Cru (5.05) running in Tramore. Might do them in a double, going to see what prices I can get them at tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be putting the house on it but I said I'd throw it up for anyone who might be having a bet there tomorrow!

Also -1 point for the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Just back from a week away only had two bets all week. Fantasy Explorer who came 2nd (was going to post this one up but didn't have the time to get on here, lay matched anyway but no win again!) and Safari Sunup who won at 5/2 earlier today. Had no intention of putting Safari Sunup on here though as it was just a tip I got close enough to the off so barely had time to get the bet on.

Have gotten word for 2 horses tomorrow - Beliar (4.35) and Grand Cru (5.05) running in Tramore. Might do them in a double, going to see what prices I can get them at tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be putting the house on it but I said I'd throw it up for anyone who might be having a bet there tomorrow!

Also -1 point for the last day.

Excellent work from you Jive!
    Great tips - put a small wager on the double. Will be heading for a few pints tonight on it!

kippy wrote: »
    Excellent work from you Jive!
    Great tips - put a small wager on the double. Will be heading for a few pints tonight on it!

Glad to see someone made money on it! I was working today and never got a chance to put the money on :pac: Oh well! At the prices I saw last night the double paid 23/1, fair sickened I didn't get a chance to get on :pac:

To make things even worse I was going to post Fox Hunt (Epsom) up here who was 23.0 on Betfair at the time I was looking at it last night. I decided to wait until this morning to make the bet but alas I never got the chance to get my bets down today. At least I know I can find a winner again though :)

Going to have one bet tonight
    Word of Warning Newcastle 19.30
    1 point win 18.5

lay 9.0

-1 point yesterday.

Tico Listowel 16.40
    1 point win 23.0

lay 12.0

Allys Bubble Kilbeggan 16.25
    1 point win 13.5

lay 6.0

That's it for the day

-2 points yesterday.

Lady Chatterbox Listowel 15.20
    1 point win 14.0

lay 6.0

0 point change yesterday. Lay matched, never even placed though.

Just one for today that looks very overpriced;

Little Carmela Southwell 20:30
    1 point win 22.0

lay 10.0

Fingers crossed

-1 point yesterday. Got well backed during the day but then drifted again, saw it as low as 12 at one point and thought the lay would match before the off but nope. Drifted and then ran horribly.

Fathey Yarmouth 17.10
    1 point win 22.0

lay 10.0

Only one I can see at the minute that looks really overpriced. Will have another look at tonights cards later on tonight but at the minute nothing appeals.

-1 points on the above. Was never even in contention.

Going to have an early one for tomorrow because I don't think this price will be around tomorrow. Best price currently 12s with the bookies.

Grand Diamond York 2.40
    1 point win 23.0

I'll post up the lay tomorrow morning

Sorry about that didn't have time to get on! Hopefully find a winner soon as this losing run is getting ridiculous :D The only wins were the 2 horses I tipped in here for Tramore but they didn't fit the criteria so they were never logged :pac:

• Advertisement

+56.9 points overall. Haven't found a winner in ages but have had a few seconds. I seem to either find the horse who'll come second or dead last :pac: No work or anything tomorrow so plenty of time to study the races. Have been using a good method on my own time as it's simple and doesn't require as much study as the above method. I like the above method though and this thread will continue! A winner will be found tomorrow :P confidence is the key ;D I haven't lost the head though and have been using minimum stake + backing only ones I strongly fancy. Hopefully luck will turn around soon and I will be rolling in 5'rs on me bed :):)

Dodging Bullets Limerick 18.20
    1 point win 12.5

lay 5.5

Arabian Heights Lingfield 20.40
    1 point win 75.0

lay 25.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Any trend in the placed horses?

Any trend in the placed horses?

Probably not getting enough places to make it viable but I'll keep track of it over the next week or 2 and post up here!

The lay was matched anyway which usually happens when they get a place. There's a huge gamble going on for Top Diktat in the 8.40 though which isn't good for later.

0 point change on the day. Both lays were matched and Dodging Bullets came 3rd. I think the bigger priced horses tend to hit the lays more so than the shorter priced ones. It's finding the half decent bigger priced horses is the hard part though! Onwards and upwards

Clancy Strand Roscommon 20:20
    1 point win 34.0

lay 14.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

how much can you back and lay these horses for on betfair?

if the prices are that far above the bookie prices then i cant see there being more than the odd fiver being available at the bigger prices.

Clancy Strand Roscommon 20:20
    1 point win 34.0

lay 14.0

3rd :rolleyes: Lay matched!

how much can you back and lay these horses for on betfair?

if the prices are that far above the bookie prices then i cant see there being more than the odd fiver being available at the bigger prices.

Depends on how much money is on the market. For big meetings you'd probably get plenty on without shifting the price all that much even for bigger priced horses but for smaller meetings like Roscommon tonight a few euro could shift the price in from say 30 to 29 and so on with every couple of euro. In running the lay usually matches 100%, I've only seen 1 lay I've made that didn't get matched completely but even then I think there was only a few cent that didn't get matched. Usually the shorter priced horses e.g. < 15 won't move much at all even at small meetings. Even in the 30s/40s/50s the prices won't move that much, and usually are much better than the bookies anyway at those prices (difference negligible if any at v. short odds)

I've seen prices move on massively priced horses where I've put on just 2 euro. If you are patient enough you can usually get the same price again as most of the money goes on favourites and pushes the price of the outsiders out, often happens close to the beginning of the race from what I've seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement