Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unicorn Experiment Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

lay pitkin 6.2

No opportunity to lay green warrior as he stayed around the same price. 1 Point loss on him. The favourite won the race and I layed Pitkin twice before the off by accident in real life :pac: Thank god he didn't win. Still getting used to betfair!!

Vetvey can be layed @ 6.6 (backed at 8.4). Hopefully he will shorten a bit more before the off to make it more worthwhile laying him.

Rondeau is now 10 though and backed at 9.4. Plenty of time to go before the off in that one, though.

lay Vetvey 5.4

jive wrote: »
    Vetvey Newcastle 8:05 __ to lay __
    1 Point win 8.4
    lay Vetvey 5.4

Win wins easy

Going to start fresh tomorrow using the back / lay method as the other method seems to rack up the losses too quickly regardless of how many horses I choose. I don't have a bank big enough to go 20 odd losers before a big winner. Managed to lay Rondeau at 5 in running there and he ended up coming 3rd. Wouldn't usually do any in running bet but he didn't look like winning on the stream but he did finish strong at the end.

I'm not sure if I will use any kind of place bets. Maybe for bigish outsiders it might be worth taking a place bet but for odds of around evens I don't think it's worth it.

So for tomorrow I will just be using the back and lay where possible method. Worst comes to worst if I cannot lay I will only lose 1 point if the horse doesn't win. Ideally I will be able to lay to guarantee a win of at least 3 points if the horse comes in with the risk of no loss. I don't think laying with the opportunity to only win 2 or less is worth it. This will obviously vary from horse to horse and whether or not the opportunity arises. I don't know how it will go yet but I'll find out over the next few days :D

• Advertisement

Murindo Clonmel 17:00
    1 Point win 34.0

Thieving Gypsy Clonmel 18:35
    1 Point win 13.5

Whered Ya Hide It Clonmel 18:35
    1 Point win 32.0

Windwood Lad Clonmel 20:05
    1 Point win 14.0

Murindo is 60 now on betfair :pac: best price 12 with the bookies :S

Leblon Clonmel 17:00
    1 Point win 25.0

lay murindo 13.0

edit: i'm after laying him twice :pac: fml you'd think I'd have learned from yesterday. Hopefully he doesn't go on to win now!

Leblon Clonmel 17:00
    1 Point win 25.0

Win :D Didn't have the opportunity to lay him because he went off at ~40. Delighted. Won @ 16/1

• Advertisement

Lay Where'd Ya Hide It 22.0

Lay Windwood Lad 11.0 (not going to be around to see how the betting is going, set it to lay if it hits 11 before the off; it won't lay in-running)

The above lay went unmatched so -1 point there.

+22 Points for the day, that'll keep me goin for another while anyway! Hopefully I can add to it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

The above lay went unmatched so -1 point there.

+22 Points for the day, that'll keep me goin for another while anyway! Hopefully I can add to it

Doing very well man, fair play and keep it up!

L'prof wrote: »
    Doing very well man, fair play and keep it up!

Cheers. I'm using real money with this method as well so chuffed with that start. Didn't have the bank for the other method I was using even if it did work. Using this one at least there's a good chance I can limit my losses by laying and those that I can't lay still have a chance of coming in like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

stay away from laying on a stream you are about 8 seconds behind layers on course. My mate works as a sports trader and he is always talking about the delay between live and the stream with the stream being the slowest of all. i think bbc is about 2 seconds and sky 5 seconds

mickey1979 wrote: »
    stay away from laying on a stream you are about 8 seconds behind layers on course. My mate works as a sports trader and he is always talking about the delay between live and the stream with the stream being the slowest of all. i think bbc is about 2 seconds and sky 5 seconds

Nah the only time I layed in running was the other day when I layed before the off but never set it to cancel when the race starts. I know about the time delay on the stream and sky anyway. I've said before that I don't know enough about horse racing to lay in running anyway. I can never tell if a horse is going to laugh it home or is going to fall away so I stay well away from in running bets. I'm only laying before the off now to get a free bet so to speak. Just laying to cover my stake before the off and hoping the horse still wins it to get profit! Thanks for the advice anyway :D

Ubi Ace Musselburgh 15:40
    1 Point win 7.4

Kodiac King Musselburgh 2.30
    1 Point win 25.0

Snaefell Cork 15:35
    1 Point win 18.0

Boruler Haydock 17:45
    1 Point win 14.0

• Advertisement

Sapphire Pendant Cork 16:35
    1 Point win 55.0

Kodiac King Musselburgh 2.30
    1 Point win 25.0

1 Point lay 12.5

lay Snaefell 17.0

lay Sapphire Pendant 25.0 (keep)

Sapphire Pendant Cork 16:35
    1 Point win 55.0

WIN :D +30 points as the lay above was matched in running.

Went out to 120 during the day but went off at ~70. Was tempted to go in again but the horse that came second (Azures) was being backed like crazy. When I was placing the bet today I was torn between Azures (48) and Sapphire Pendant was (55). Azures went off ~5 and I was sickened I didn't take him instead because I would have laid Azures at 5. Delighted now though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

WIN :D +30 points as the lay above was matched in running.

Went out to 120 during the day but went off at ~70. Was tempted to go in again but the horse that came second (Azures) was being backed like crazy. When I was placing the bet today I was torn between Azures (48) and Sapphire Pendant was (55). Azures went off ~5 and I was sickened I didn't take him instead because I would have laid Azures at 5. Delighted now though :pac:

You must be well in profit with this backing and laying system. Fair play man, it's very interesting indeed!

Yeah so far so good. Lost just 1 point today on Ubi Ace as he didn't shorten enough to warrant laying him. As long as I get the occasional winner I'll be happy enough! 2 decent winners so far over the 2 days of doing it. That won't keep happening obviously but it's a great start :D

Lee's Anthem Nottingham 18:30
    1 Point win 10.5

+27 Points for the day.

+49 Points overall since starting the back/lay system!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Keep up the good work, fair play :cool:

Advertisement