Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unicorn Experiment Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Cheers dude. Beginners luck I'd imagine but hopefully it lasts another while anyway!!

Longliner Cork 2.10
    1 Point win 20.0

Lay longliner 10.0 (keep)

Lively Lass Cork 14:40
    1 Point win 13.5

Windix Cork 16:50
    1 Point win 19.0

Traffic Article 15:35 Fairyhouse
    1 Point win 11.5

• Advertisement

lay traffic article 10.0

Lay Windix 11.5

Quartz Debilleron 16:50 Cork
    1 Point win 30.0

lay Quartz Debilleron 17.0 (keep)

Longliner lay wasn't matched so -1 point there. Quartz Debilleron was matched though so no loss there.

-2 Points on the day as they first 2 never realistically gave a laying opportunity.

+47 Points overall.

laytt.jpg

LOL. Referring to the lay on Longliner that wasn't match so I actually lost money on it. Loving life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

How do you lose money when the bet isn't matched?

Edit: I get it. The horse lost but the lay hadn't been matched.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    How do you lose money when the bet isn't matched?

Edit: I get it. The horse lost but the lay hadn't been matched.

There's 3 options on betfair when you're laying. You can cancel before the off or keep it so it will lay if the odds go low enough in running and there's another one that I can't remember because I've never used it!

Basically if I put (keep) after a lay it's because I can't lay before the off as the horses price hasn't dropped enough or he has drifted. Like the 55.0 winner the other day I had a lay of 25.0. The race began and it wasn't matched but obviously he traded much lower than that because he went on to win the race. So at some point during the race the lay was taken and I stood to lose 0 or win 30. Today I set the lay to keep but the horse wasn't in contention so just drifted further. As a result of that I lose my stake because the lay goes unmatched.

It's really simple but confusing as **** if you're not using betfair. I've layed horses twice by accident in the last few days by just not knowing what i was doing and luckily for me they never won. I've got the hang of it now though :D

EDIT:
    winnere.jpg
    Here's the pic of the winner yesterday anyway that I sent him. He is now a believer. I'm no coughlan so I'm not going to lie. I don't care enough about internet celebrity status to bother. I'm not going to post up a screen capture of each in-running lay. I will post up the lay before hand as I have done already. If it gets matched it gets matched and if it doesn't i'll be honest and say it didn't. You can probably check out the lay market on betfair after the race anyway to see if it was matched in-running, I'm not sure though! I don't think I'll ever match coughlan's 7k accumulator wins and the likes anyway so I'm sure given my modest winnings (if any) people won't doubt the legitimacy of the log :pac:

Magical Mother Cork 14:55
    1 Point win 26.0

lay for 13.0 (keep)

above lay was matched but came a distant 3rd or 4th

Royal Bonsai Redcar 16:40
    1 Point win 17.0

Beach Babe Warwick 16.45
    1 Point win 15.5

Jigalo Fairyhouse 17.30
    1 Point win 24.0

Will see how the market is going before making any lays. I'll probably have another one in the national as well for a laugh. I backed Saddlers Storm @ 20/1 e/w 5 places so I'll see how that goes. Won't be counting national bets towards the log I'll just throw them up so I can gloat if one of em wins :pac: or stay quiet if they come nowhere :pac: I think I'll back a mad outsider to win it closer to the off :D

Crap royal bonsai went off at 16:20 I got the time wrong. Beach Babe has drifted and I won't lay him I'll just take my chances there

jive wrote: »
    Beach Babe Warwick 16.45
    1 Point win 15.5

WIN :D

Was going to put 2 big euro on synchronized at 50 but he jumped to 36 when I went to put it on :( oh well

EDIT: 2 euro on at 49.56!! c'maaaaaan - not counting towards log just for gloating purposes WHEN he wins :P

lay jigalo 20.0

+13.5 points on the day. Lost 1 point due to taking down the time of a race wrong in this thread :rolleyes: Who knows I mightn't have been able to lay anyway so 1 point is no biggy!

+60.5 points overall :)

Gamede Fairyhouse 16:55
    1 Point win 38.0

• Advertisement

Ginzan Wolverhampton 21:00
    1 Point win 8.6

Into The Light Sedgefield 17:35
    1 Point win 44.0

lay Gamede 22.0 (keep)

Gamede has shortened a bit but I fancy it's chances of being in contention so going to try squeeze a bit more out of it. Ruby's horse well backed which pushed Gamede out a small bit so I didn't get the lay I wanted

Ruby wins easily but the lay was matched so no loss.

Lay Into The Light 30.0 (keep)

Again shortened but not worth laying for such a small difference. Going to see set the lay at 30 and see if it gets matched in running

lay matched but finished a huge distance behind the front 2. no loss again so happy days

going to take my chances with Ginzan, he's shortened a bit but he's short priced as it is so we'll see how it goes!

Favourite wins. -1 points for the day.

+59.5 points overall

Getting one on early for tomorrow:

City Leader Ascot 3.05
    1 Point win 19.0

lay City Leader 10.0 (keep)

• Advertisement

Nelson's Bounty 16:50 Ascot
    1 Point win 22.0

Boo-urns. City Leader was trading at 11.5 but never hit 10 :pac: oh well. The winner won by a distance

Advertisement