Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unicorn Experiment Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

jive wrote: »
    Merrjanah Warwick 15:40
    1 Point win 13.5

Lay Merrjanah 7.0 (keep)

Phoebe Van Gelder Curragh 3:50
    1 Point win 27.0

Lay Phoebe Van Gelder 15.0 (keep)

WIN :D Phoebe Van Gelder won so +12 points there.

Merrjanah came nowhere but the lay was matched in running, he was trading very low at one stage but tailed off quickly towards the end.

+12 points on the day. All lays were matched which is pretty good. Phoebe Van Gelder the only winner. Sun Queen was backed at 16.5 and went of at 5.8 to finish a very close 3rd and Worldly Wise came 2nd. Sun Queen came very close to getting the win though. Was lucky to get the lay matched (although he was trading as low as 11 and the lay was for 18) on Dancing Cavalier although he was backed at 34 and went off around 25. Wasn't able for the distance and he hit the front coming into the home turn but I wouldn't be surprised if he finished dead last because he disappeared quickly after that. Happy to find a winner and have no stakes lost but can also count myself unlucky for the 2 places! Good day though.

+69.9 points overall.

Roodee Queen Newcastle 16:45
    1 Point win 34.0

Lay Roodee Queen 16.0 (keep)

The Jigsaw Man Punchestown 16:55
    1 point win 32.0

Lay The Jigsaw Man 18.0 (keep)

Star Gale Exeter 19:50
    1 point win 9.2

Lay Star Gale 4.0 (keep)

that's it for today!!

Roodee Queen drifted before the off and the lay never matched so -1 point there.

The Jigsaw Man lead for the majority of the race and was only passed at the 2nd last so the lay was matched there. He ran out of gas but still managed 6th, happy enough that he was the front runner though because it meant the lay matched!

Only Star Gale left to run and it's been backed into 6 already so hopefully that trend will continue until the off :D

• Advertisement

Star Gale fell at the last and lay went unmatched

-2 points on the day. Was going to back Texas Jack at around 32.0 earlier today at Punchestown. Decided against it because he was offered high enough at one bookies and he hadn't run before so it was hard to know what to expect. Went on to win though! :pac:

+67.9 points overall.

Ultravox Punchestown 16:55
    1 point win 28.0

Currently 14/1 with PP, 16/1 with Bet365 and Boylesports. Racing post gives him a decent chance and had him projected as a 12/1. Won last month over 2m4f so will probably be in with a shout if he can go 3m.

Dirar Chester 14:55
    1 point win 17.0

High in the weights but best price 9 with the books and most going 8/1. Can't go too far wrong when taking 17.0. Even if he drifts I can't see it going off more than 12 so it will still represent some value. In good form and has every chance in a fairly open race.

Archers Road Chester 15.30
    1 point win 30.0

Best price 16 with bookies with VC as low as 12. Has a bad draw but also has a good record on this track. Overpriced at 30.0 and can't not back it given how overpriced it is.

Planetoid Chester 16:05
    1 point win 40.0

lay 18.0 (keep)

• Advertisement

Lay Dirar 10.0 (keep)

Lay Ultravox 18.0 (keep)

Lay Archers Road 20.0 (keep)

-3 points on the day. Didn't see any of the racing but looking at my balance I can see only one managed to be laid and I'm assuming it was Planetoid who came 4th or Ultravox who lead until 3 out until he tailed off. Not a good day but onwards and upwards from here :D The overall balance is still healthy

+64.9 points overall.

Kerb Appeal Punchestown 18:05
    1 Point win 17.5

Lay Kerb Appeal 8 (keep)

Jamaddji Wetherby 17:50
    1 point win 42.0

lay for 20.0 (keep)

Another Whisper Goodwood 15:15
    1 point win 24.0

lay 12.0 (keep)

Kerb Appeal Punchestown 18:05
    1 Point win 17.5

Lay Kerb Appeal 8 (keep)

Wins :)

Another Whisper lay was matched. Jamaddji went unmatched so -1 point there.

+8.5 points on the day.

+73.4 points overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Well done mate i haven't been on in a while but see you are still flying it with this log.

Well done mate i haven't been on in a while but see you are still flying it with this log.

Yup tis going nicely enough so far, was nice to find a winner today because I've exams at the minute so have to put on all my bets at once. I prefer to watch the market for a little while to see where the money is going first so I can try to get the best price possible. Always nice to come home and check the balance to find out you've won something :D

The Hard Hat Punchestown 16:15
    1 Point win 25.0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wins :)

Another Whisper lay was matched. Jamaddji went unmatched so -1 point there.

+8.5 points on the day.

+73.4 points overall.

I have to say I'm liking your system so far. A few small steps backward and then a nice jump forward. Seems to be working well for you so far anyway, fair play man!

Barnbougle Dunes Punchestown 15:40
    1 point win 44.0

Bob Lingo Punchestown 16:55
    1 point win 75.0

Lay The Hard Hat 10.0

Lay Barnbougle Dunes 18.0

Lay Bob Lingo 30.0

keep all for in play

• Advertisement

-2 points on the day. Haven't seen any full results but none of them even placed so can't feel too hard done by :D just 1 lay matched.

+71.4 points overall

Lutine Bell Ascot 15:25
    1 point win 28.0

Pocket Reader Punchestown 14:30
    1 point win 120.0

He's priced 16/1 to 20/1 with the bookies, VC are the only offering higher than that at 25/1. Either he lost a leg in a horrific accident this morning and the bookies haven't heard about it or this is worth the squeeze :D I know Sizing Australia is a class horse and he'll be hard to beat but I'm going in anyway

1 point lay 50.0

^ traded as low as 17 so the lay was matched but didn't win anyway! No loss though :)

Dancing Freddy Thirsk 18.30
    1 point win 22.0

lay 12.0 (keep)

Onyx of Arabia Haydock 17:20
    1 point win 28.0

lay 14.0 (keep)

lay Lutine Bell 12.0 (keep) (the horse backed last night at 28.0, currently 24.0)

I liked the look of Curragh Grey and Dorset Square at Punchestown running at 17.00 and 17.35 respectively. While I was studying the other cards their price went down though by around 5 points each. I'll keep an eye on them though so may post them up later if the price is right. For now though that is it and hopefully a winner will be found :D

Onyx of Arabia Haydock 17:20
    1 point win 28.0

lay 14.0 (keep)

2nd :( lay matched though so no loss

Lady Chaparral 19:00 Thirsk
    1 point win 12.0

Lay 5.0 (keep)

This horse is priced from 4 - 6 everywhere with the exception of PP who are going 8/1. The price seems to be around the 5/1 mark for the most part. Just after spotting it now and it looks way overpriced on the exchange. Definitely worth backing imo.

Red Scintilla 19:30 Thirsk
    1 point win 120.0

lay 40.0 (keep)

Last one for the day. Massively overpriced on the exchange. Dual winner up to 7f last year and stays 1m. Best price 25/1 with bookies so I'll take my chances, as low as 14/1 with Coral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Billionaire Wannabe

Lady Chaparral 19:00 Thirsk
    1 point win 12.0

Lay 5.0 (keep)

This horse is priced from 4 - 6 everywhere with the exception of PP who are going 8/1. The price seems to be around the 5/1 mark for the most part. Just after spotting it now and it looks way overpriced on the exchange. Definitely worth backing imo.

Coming in as fav on betfair, before starters

Coming in as fav on betfair, before starters

lay was matched before the off! another 2nd :( oh well! Couldn't believe it was 12.0 on the exchange, pity it didn't come in!

• Advertisement

-1 point on the day. All lays were matched bar the 3.25 Ascot. Had two 2nds which was unlucky!

+70.4 points overall. Hopefully tomorrow brings more luck!

Advertisement