Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any good Catteries in Donegal?

Options
  • 17-04-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I've visted a few catteries in Donegal (I still have a couple more to check out) but so far the accommodation has ranged from a small cramped cage, to a dark small pen with one high shelf. I have found a few advertised in Northern Ireland that provide individual 'runs' with heated sleeping areas etc, that look a lot better than anything I've seen so far in Donegal - but they are too far to drive to, as our cat gets very stressed when travelling in the car. If I can't find anywhere decent in Donegal (or even Derry), maybe he's going to have to go on a road trip, as maybe a 2 hour stressful trip is better than 2 stressful weeks locked up in a tiny cage.
    Does anyone know of a good cattery in Donegal that they would recommend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

Hi...

I've tried myself over the last few years to locate a decent cattery in the local area, all to no avail. As you've stated, they generally consist of a small dark cage with little or no room.

About 5 years back we had no choice but to leave them in one place we found, but never again. We were very unhappy with their conditions upon return. Even though they were fully vaccinated, they both ended up with eye infections and cat flu. I'm aware that all vaccinations aren't 100% but still... Geez I was angry...

Have you any reliable friends or family that could call daily to feed and care for the cat? It's not ideal, but in saying that we have to do that now and always come back to happy, healthy kitties instead of a stressed, sick pair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

You could try Amanda Faul in Glenswilly just outside Letterkenny. She is a veterinary nurse with a practice in Ramelton and takes dogs and cats. She and her husband are wonderful with all of the 'residents'. They really care.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement