Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front porch

Options
  • 17-04-2011 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi,

firstly let me point out that I have no clue whatsoever about building or DIY work so apologies if I'm asking stupid questions.....

I am looking at adding a front porch to my house and I am going to get a builder I know to do it for me. He's a local lad and I"d like to help him out as I know he's struggling to pick up work these days.

Anyway, I have absolutely no clue how much something like this should cost so I'd like to have a ball park figure in my head before he tells me how much it's going to cost.

The actual work will require ripping up part of an existing concrete path, adding a brick porch (just under 2 square metres) with a pitched roof and adding some concrete to the remaining part of the path so it comes up to meet the new door.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what this should cost me please?

Many thanks,
    Paul

PS. if there are any other building related pitfalls I should be aware of, or I need to research, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction please.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

waraf wrote: »
    Hi,

firstly let me point out that I have no clue whatsoever about building or DIY work so apologies if I'm asking stupid questions.....

I am looking at adding a front porch to my house and I am going to get a builder I know to do it for me. He's a local lad and I"d like to help him out as I know he's struggling to pick up work these days.

Anyway, I have absolutely no clue how much something like this should cost so I'd like to have a ball park figure in my head before he tells me how much it's going to cost.

The actual work will require ripping up part of an existing concrete path, adding a brick porch (just under 2 square metres) with a pitched roof and adding some concrete to the remaining part of the path so it comes up to meet the new door.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what this should cost me please?

Many thanks,
    Paul

PS. if there are any other building related pitfalls I should be aware of, or I need to research, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction please.

Anywhere from 5000 euro upwards for a propper job.

Oh and insulate the porch too,

Also,checjk where the mains gas and water line come in to the house before you got at if digging up pathways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Cheers Paddy, much appreciated.

Advertisement