Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Display

Options
  • 17-04-2011 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi al this one should be easy for those that know, Just built a pc it boots up but no display on screen what should I try

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Are you getting any thing up, even the BIOS screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Most powerful graphics cards require additional power from the power supply :) Make sure that the PCi power connectors are connected to the graphics card

gtx470_pci_exp_power_connectors.jpg

The power ports should look something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rodger_D

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Are you getting any thing up, even the BIOS screen

nothing at all on screen

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Most powerful graphics cards require additional power from the power supply :) Make sure that the PCi power connectors are connected to the graphics card

gtx470_pci_exp_power_connectors.jpg

The power ports should look something like that

No extra power needed its a radeon X550 Advantage 256mb graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

have u try,d clearing the cmos

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    have u try,d clearing the cmos

Thanks Massy,
    but connected it up to a Qiguan test coder and now it says the cpu is not showing. Is there anything i can do bar buying a new cpu.

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Rodger_D wrote: »
    Thanks Massy,
    but connected it up to a Qiguan test coder and now it says the cpu is not showing. Is there anything i can do bar buying a new cpu.

thanks again.

Check to make sure none of the pins on the pcu or motherboard which ever the pins are on make sure none are bent a bent pin will give you no display.

Same thing happend to me with an old pc i was looking at the other day fixed the pin and pc was back working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

you could try re-seating the cpu and cooler after you have checked the cpu can you list your specs and how old is the pc

Advertisement