Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton vs Stoke FA Cup Semi Final ESPN

• 17-04-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

I fancied Bolton to take this but it's currently 2 nil to Stoke!

BOLTON v STOKE (1600)
    Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Knight, Cahill, Robinson, Elmander, Muamba, Lee, Petrov, Klasnic, Kevin Davies. Subs: Bogdan, Taylor, Mark Davies, Moreno, Cohen, Alonso, Wheater.
    Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson, Pennant, Delap, Whelan, Etherington, Walters, Jones. Subs: Nash, Fuller, Pugh, Diao, Whitehead, Carew, Faye.
    Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Descriptions from the BBC:
    Stoke goal: One half of Wembley has just gone absolutely bonkers - and it's a super goal to get us up and running, Matthew Etherington making the most of some sloppy Bolton passing to stride forward and lash a beautiful finish into the corner from 22 yards. Doozy.
    Stoke goal: Dreamland. Gary Cahill's attempted clearance from Andy Wilkinson's cross is not great and it falls straight to Robert Huth who, without hesitation, thumps a dipping shot into the bottom corner from 20 yards out. Incredible scenes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

3-0! Jones

I had money on Bolton myself :o

Edit: Surely those Bolton "fans" arent leaving already!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

3-0 to Stoke already o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was flickign back and forward , kept meanign to start a thread. At this stage its game over anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any Stoke fans in the house? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

there goes my double

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Turned off after 2-0 to watch Arse-Pool. 2 good goals as well. If Stoke make the Europa League and Barca get knocked out of the Champions League early we will finally see if Messi can do it on at Stoke on a wet night :D

Really hope the winner of this goes on to win the final, I just dont think it would mean as much to city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Really hope the winner of this goes on to win the final, I just dont think it would mean as much to city.

Winning a trophy means everything to City, there is no doubting that.

Anyway, nice to see Stoke do well in Wembley. I'd like them to win the cup to annoy the people who complain incessantly about their style. A Stoke/City final could be monumentally negative though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dave! wrote: »
    Any Stoke fans in the house? :p

They're all off being treated for strained necks :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,600 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm so annoyed!! Two easy goals and one good by Jones. Hopefully OC can get them to settle down and put Elmander up front instead of midfield.

• Advertisement

Winning a trophy means everything to City, there is no doubting that.

Anyway, nice to see Stoke do well in Wembley. I'd like them to win the cup to annoy the people who complain incessantly about their style. A Stoke/City final could be monumentally negative though.

It means a lot, of course, but they are guaranteed European football next year and are much more likely to be in finals and contending the PL over the next few years than Stoke or Bolton

Also, the amount of empty seats (presumably vacated by Bolton fans) is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It means a lot, of course, but they are guaranteed European football next year and are much more likely to be in finals and contending the PL over the next few years than Stoke or Bolton

Also, the amount of empty seats (presumably vacated by Bolton fans) is pathetic.

City want to take down that banner in Old Trafford. The first trophy is massive for any team.

City want to take down that banner in Old Trafford. The first trophy is massive for any team.

True that. Its easy to confuse the feelings of the supporters with those higher up in the club, which is probably what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

4 nil, Walters.

Shocking from Bolton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bolton are leaving this comeback awfull late....

That's what happens when a club with a small fan base is made to play at Wembley to pay for an over budget stadium.

They sent back about 5,000 tickets so there were a decent amount of empty seats before the Stoke goals started flying in.

Paully D wrote: »
    That's what happens when a club with a small fan base is made to play at Wembley to pay for an over budget stadium.

They sent back about 5,000 tickets so there were a decent amount of empty seats before the Stoke goals started flying in.

There were a good few leaving after 30 minutes. Why bother going all the way to London to leave like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Delighted for Stoke, stick one to their begrudgers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tis a good day to be Walters! 5-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

wtf has been happening in this game!

• Advertisement

There were a good few leaving after 30 minutes. Why bother going all the way to London to leave like that?

I know, I definitely wouldn't do it. I was just pointing out that there were a number of empty seats prior to kick-off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

flahavaj wrote: »
    Delighted for Stoke, stick one to their begrudgers.

That comment means a lot! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Well done to Stoke for getting to the final, but hopefully Man City give them a footballing lesson in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

there was me thinking i could watch the gunners/pool game and flick over for the extra time in the cup, certain this would go past the 90, delighted for stoke, and walters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Well done to Stoke for getting to the final, but hopefully Man City give them a footballing lesson in the final.

When have Man City been consistently more positive than Stoke in the last few seasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

I was watching the game with a Bolton fan. The poor bloke was shellshocked. When was the last time Stoke beat anyone 5 zip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fair play to Stoke and nice one for their fans..........:)

Didn't get to see the game but looking at the scoreline I'm not sooooo excited at the prospect of meeting them on the 14th...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

Well done Stoke!. even though the final will not contain free flowing football don't write off Stoke . On their day they can beat any team and City's win over United wasn't exactly emphatic.

Advertisement