Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Young) lesbian scene in Dublin

• 17-04-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi!:D

I'm from Spain, and I'll be in Dublin in August, so I'd like to know where the lesbian/gay bars are (especially those who are frequented by young people!)

thx:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Can I ask how young do you mean? Under 20, War should be good. It's fairly mixed(gay/straight, guys and girls) but almost everyone seemed to be 20 or younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

There's no (to my knowledge) lesbian bar in Dublin, and most of the young uns congregate in the George, still, I think? (I'm open to correction on that...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

zoegh wrote: »
    There's no (to my knowledge) lesbian bar in Dublin, and most of the young uns congregate in the George, still, I think? (I'm open to correction on that...)

Yeah, the George is a good option. Actually, the dragon on a thursday is usually bursting with young (student) lesbians due to the drink promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

How young do you mean? Try a night called FaKe if you're here for it, think it's every second and fourth Saturday of the month in the academy if I'm right?

Otherwise the G, Dragon etc etc are ok, but they tend to attract a very specific type of lesbian.

The Front Lounge (Parliment Street) does be heaving with lesbians on a Saturday mainly.

Lesbians in Dublin tend to disperse more, you find them all over the place in kinda 'cool' straight bars, akin to to liikes of War and Pravda (which is the Grand Social now?) and the Workman's Club.

Advertisement