Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midlands shoot

Options
  • 17-04-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

any news on the next open shoot in midlands (running deer shoot)

i was at the last 2 shoots and had a great time.

i am looking forward to seeing all ye lads there again. my shoulder is back to normal now after shooting 5 rounds from bunny's 303. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

poulo6.5 wrote: »

i am looking forward to seeing all ye lads there again. my shoulder is back to normal now after shooting 5 rounds from bunny's 303. :D

He told me he only put blanks in it for you 'cos your soft :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm hoping to have some basic details within the week, however there are a couple of comps and the NRAI Nationals all within the next 2-3 weeks including the main STAGS shoot so the lads are up to their eyeballs with planning.

As soon as i have info you'll all have it. Just remember to pencil in the 8th May, and it will be a full days shooting so bring lunch.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

really hoping to make it on the 8th i missed the last two but have been gettin in loads of practice so should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Middle of exams I'm afraid, but looking forward to anything run over the summer. Always like an excuse to drag the .25 out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

And you did very, very well with it too ;):cool:
    clivej wrote: »
    He told me he only put blanks in it for you 'cos your soft :rolleyes:

Ssssssh............:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Any details about the S.T.A.G.S competition on the 8th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

ya any news
    we are chomping at the bit to get down there for a shot again:D

Hey lads.

Sorry for the "media blackout". I've been absent from the range, and making sporadic appearances here, for the last week or so due to personal reasons so i have not spoken to the lads recently.

As you can understand, there are alot of comps on in the MNSCI over the last few and coming weeks/months, including the NRAI Nationals running this very weekend, so the lads have been up to their eyes with planning and running events. Once the weekend is over i should be able to get more details on the exact layout/style of the shoot.

Rest assured the shoot is still going ahead on the 8th of May. As i do not know the exact format i can only "guess-timate" at this point, but as it will be a combination of the previous shoots you can plan on their being between 20-30 rounds needed so stock up on ammo. It will be shot on the windmill range so make sure you're zeroed and bring all the equipement that ye used for the last shoots, ie. insurance card, licenses, bipod, cases, breach flags, etc, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

can anyone shoot in these comps or is it a members only event?

bazza888 wrote: »
    can anyone shoot in these comps or is it a members only event?

Anyone can shoot them as long as you have insurance

• Advertisement

im waiting on my 223 if i had it by then id love go down i might learn something its my first centerfire,im insured and all

bazza888 wrote: »
    im waiting on my 223 if i had it by then id love go down i might learn something its my first centerfire,im insured and all

If it comes within the week you might as well call on down. It does be a great laugh as well

Sorry, should have said that all S.T.A.G. shoots are open shoots. As said above only insurance and licenses needed.

cool you dont need to be signed in my someone?i dont know anyone whos a member,hopefully it comes before then if not ill go to the next one i wont be challenging for medals thats for sure but it be fun to take part:)

No for an "open" comp you won't need to be signed in ;)

Are you able get away from work Bunny to give your .204 a run on Sunday? :p

dev110 wrote: »
    Are you able get away from work Bunny to give your .204 a run on Sunday? :p

No :( BUT I'm hoping to arrange a swap with one of the other lads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I can't make it next Sunday, have a family thingy on next weekend, balls anyway!

I can't make it next Sunday, have a family thingy on next weekend, balls anyway!

how can we have the compaction with out the previous winner there to defend his title

how can we have the compaction with out the previous winner there to defend his title

Good idea ................. quit while you're ahead :P

• Advertisement

Or you mean joint winner with Tack :p

Quit at he top before I get the opportunity to make a balls of it.
    I'll be seriously unimpressed if Tack doesn't win this time!!!:D

Quit at he top before I get the opportunity to make a balls of it.
    I'll be seriously unimpressed if Tack doesn't win this time!!!:D

I think I will try get my name down beside him and get in the same detail and who knows I might even win :D

dev110 wrote: »
    I think I will try get my name down beside him and get in the same detail and who knows I might even win :D

if we just stick him in the middle of us we might both win:D:D:D

if we just stick him in the middle of us we might both win:D:D:D

I'm liking that idea. I say we will need to be there early or there will be a queue behind him :D:D

...........I'll be seriously unimpressed if Tack doesn't win this time!!!:D

Setting yourself up for a fall there :P

He'll be popular on his detail alright ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I will not be attending the comp this weekend.
    I am in the middle of College Exams at the moment.

I wish all who attend the best of luck.
    I will not be doing much posting on boards or shooting until after the end of the month.

I wish I could attend, but at some point in ones life, one has to do what needs to be done, rather than what one would like to be doing.

I hope to see some good scores posted and that the boards members do well.........
    Regards
    TBW

Fek it Tack,
    We will "team up" for the next one !!! Ha ha ha...:p:p
    Good luck with the exams.., just make sure you sit the correct paper and not the exam next door to where you should be ;)

I wish all who attend the best of luck.
    I will not be doing much posting on boards or shooting until after the end of the month.

I wish I could attend, but at some point in ones life, one has to do what needs to be done, rather than what one would like to be doing.

I hope to see some good scores posted and that the boards members do well.........
    Regards
    TBW

You'll be missed but not as much as your ability to shoot on the wrong target :P

They let you log onto Boards in the exam :eek:

Good luck with 'em ;)

And the bad news is? :P

• Advertisement

STAGS-logo.jpg
    S.T.A.G.S.
    Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland

Okay lads i have the format for the shoot this weekend. Apologies for the late notificaton of the format, however with preperations for other comps and the ongoing preperations for the Creedmoor in June things are quite simply hectic.

The first detail (8 rounds) will be at the herd of deer and then the running deer. For those that were not at the first shoot, this will consist of:
    • A herd of deer sized targets (approx 6 deer) will be visible from the firing point.
    • Each deer will have the heart area removed and left open/blank.
    • A target paddle will be placed into one of the openings at random.
    • The shooter has 3-5 seconds to acquire the target and fire.
    • This is done for 4 shots.
    • Reload with 4 more rounds.
    • A deer size target emerging from behind on target board, crossing to the other target board.
    • The exposure will be between 3-5 seconds.
    • You will do this for 4 shots.

There will be a rest for the shooters and then the second detail will be a repeat of the first detail.

The shoot will consist of 16 rounds in total. All the usual licenses and insurance will be necessary upon registration. Its an OPEN shoot, meaning anyone can enter and its also any caliber, meaning .17 up to .308.

Registration will begin in the clubhouse/office at 10am, and all shooters to be on the windmill range by 11:20. Zeroing can be done on the sheltered range or there will be zeroing targets on the windmill range also.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement