Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midlands shoot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

dev110 wrote: »
    I say I will be. I didn't get any help from stray bullets in the last shoot :D

:eek: Unfortunately, I won't be there :mad:

Beginners luck only last for one shoot generally :P
    And by the sound of it either did you :D:D:p:p

I shot my .303 with battle sights and I wasn't the worst score by a long way so I was pretty happy with my performance :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

:eek: Unfortunately, I won't be there :mad:

Beginners luck only last for one shoot generally :P

I shot my .303 with battle sights and I wasn't the worst score by a long way so I was pretty happy with my performance :cool:

We shall see about the beginners luck after tomorrow and I will let you know ;)

No luck in getting a swap so. Pity. Maybe your better off as you probably won't be dying from a flu next week from this soaking we going to get.

That .303 is pretty nice. Next time I will need a target to test on :D

We shall see about the beginners luck after tomorrow and I will let you know ;)

The silence will be deafening so :P
    No luck in getting a swap so. Pity. Maybe your better off as you probably won't be dying from a flu next week from this soaking we going to get.

Naw, couldn't engineer a swap :mad:
    That .303 is pretty nice. Next time I will need a target to test on :D

I love that rifle :cool: Ya, always nice to see how you do. Poulo set a high standard for you ;)

The silence will be deafening so :P

It will be a nice and quiet day alright the fact you won't be there :p

I love that rifle :cool: Ya, always nice to see how you do. Poulo set a high standard for you ;)

Sure I got a one hole group :D
    It just depends on what hole you were looking at on a board of 500 bullet holes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

What lead would you have to give the moving target?

I have never shot at a moving target with a rifle so am abit clueless :o

Aim at the centre but dial in 0.5-1.0 MOA left;)

• Advertisement

Aim at the centre but dial in 0.5-1.0 MOA left;)

So the targets move from right to left then?
    So you are saying only 1/2 - 1 inch lead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

So the targets move from right to left then?
    So you are saying only 1/2 - 1 inch lead?

Theres no definitive answer Dev, wind speed and direction, How fast your walker is moving, speed of projectile, all I was suggesting was an alternative to holding off left or right.
    I know all the above are obvious statements and even If all the variables are taked into account it will all go out the window if you pull the shot with 70 pair of eyes looking at you...............no pressure then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

Hey guys im a novice at target shooting but i might have a go tomorrow. Have my .308 a year, Mr White put a mod on her last week and this'll be her first day out on a range:)
    Only problem is ill have to mount and zero the scope at the range on the day. The mnsci website says "Registration at 10.00am. Competition commencement time 10.30am."...

Just wondering would any of ye have some tools or knowledge that could get me on zero in time? It usually take me ages.
    I assume ill be able to use zeroing range prior to the registration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ssl wrote: »
    Hey guys im a novice at target shooting but i might have a go tomorrow. Have my .308 a year, Mr White put a mod on her last week and this'll be her first day out on a range:)
    Only problem is ill have to mount and zero the scope at the range on the day. The mnsci website says "Registration at 10.00am. Competition commencement time 10.30am."...

Just wondering would any of ye have some tools or knowledge that could get me on zero in time? It usually take me ages.

If you contact Jim Griffen (Club Secetary), Or JP Craven (Club Chairman) tomorrow Morning they will buddy you up with someone to get you Zero'd.
    There are always a few guys floating around more than happy to help.

http://www.nationalshootingcentre.ie/index.html
    John Paul Craven - Chairman
    Tel: 086 8232641
    Email: jpcraven@eircom.net

Jim Griffin - Secretary
    Tel/Fax: 057 9355979
    Mobile: 087 2613041
    Email: grif@eircom.net

Cheers Tack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'be re-zeroing my own so if you want to meet up on the 100yard (sheltered) range about 9:30 - 9:45 i'll need 15-20 minutes and 3 shots. I'll have all the tools, etc you need.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Sound Ezridax, hope to be there and getting started from about 9ish. Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i will gladly help you out in the morning if you want. i will be there early enough my self

Cheers poulo, all help welcome

Sound Ezridax, hope to be there and getting started from about 9ish. Regards

No problem. See you then.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Could one of you lads make a video of the shoot?
    I'd like to see the mechanics of how this thing works for our club here in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

harmoniums wrote: »
    Could one of you lads make a video of the shoot?
    I'd like to see the mechanics of how this thing works for our club here in the US

I have bin meanig to do it the past few times but keep forgetting
    I have the camera in the jeep so ifis alright tomorrow I will try to record some of it.

Breaking News Just in. I will need someone to confirm on name spelling**

Centrefire
    David Dunne 145/160 1st (.243??)
    Dev110 141/160 2nd (.223 CZ Hornady 55grain Vmax)
    Jonathon Murphy 139 3rd

Rimfire
    Paulo 6.5 119/160 1st
    Stephen Cooney/Coroon** 75/160 2nd.
    Brian McKeown/McEoin ** 42/160 3rd.

I need Ezridax to confirm names and score

We shall see about the beginners luck after tomorrow and I will let you know ;)........

Looks like someone will be having some humbe pie tonight :P

I need Ezridax to confirm names and score

Cannot help you there Tack. Between one thing or the other i never made it OUT, then a call from home forced me to leave early. Not overly upset. Pig of a morning between rain and hurricane force winds.

Never made it down to the windmill range.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Didn't make it. Decided on friday that I'd chance a local 50m prone shoot (In the middle of exams, more fool me) but I couldn't have spent the day in Midlands. Certainly faced all the same conditions, but it was fun.

Ezridax wrote: »
    Cannot help you there Tack. Between one thing or the other i never made it OUT, then a call from home forced me to leave early. Not overly upset. Pig of a morning between rain and hurricane force winds.

Never made it down to the windmill range.:mad:

I'm raging I did not go, Done Feck all study today.

Paulo and Dev are very happy with their trophy's.
    The fact that it was blowing a gale today is a really testimony to their ability.

Paul was egging me on, all day yesterday to go, perhaps I should have.

All I've done today is printed off a few notes, and had to decline an invite to go shooting with the lads and a Supermacs Celebration dinner.

Congrats to the winners :cool:

Looks like someone will be having some humbe pie tonight :P

Its a dish best served warm :p

I think I will move on to .303 next ;)

Its a dish best served warm :p

I think I will move on to .303 next ;)

Good man, beat bunny with his own rifle. That might keep him quiet for a while, though I doubt it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Good man, beat bunny with his own rifle. That might keep him quiet for a while, though I doubt it. :p

Some say it CAN BE DONE :):):)

Missed out myself for this competition 'cos I went to Harbour House to try out the Gallery shooting competition.

clivej wrote: »
    Some say it CAN BE DONE :):):)

Missed out myself for this competition 'cos I went to Harbour House to try out the Gallery shooting competition.

Oh aye, love those old classic rifles. Great fun. Have won a few too many competitions with borrowed guns though, folk are going to stop lending them to me. :p

How'd you get on in HH?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Oh aye, love those old classic rifles. Great fun. Have won a few too many competitions with borrowed guns though, folk are going to stop lending them to me. :p

How'd you get on in HH?

How'd you get on in HH?

Nothing to write home about. I got to shoot 6 details over the weekend and it was a good learning curve. T&P1, Multi Target and GP40. I missed the A4 size target completely a couple of times :eek::o. But the nearer I got the better I scored :D

I had a good time there I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

It was the wind clive ;), was wondering how some lads even managed to stand upright in it today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

was a nice wind blowing allright some lads doing the gallery rifle were nearly getting blown off there feet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement