Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fridge question

• 17-04-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Fridge has stopped working on gas
    Lights fine but once I release the thermocouple override it goes out immediately.

Thermocouple I would think is gone,however the second it lights the auto piezo ignition stops which would lead me to think the thermocouple is giving feedback as to the presence of a flame.
    Any ideas?
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The spark box , I would say . Or else it needs servicing , maybe a new jet .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Question is does the thermocouple signal the piezo to stop sparking AND keep the gas flowing??

It's sparking fine. It's lighting fine and the spark then stops which tells me the thermocouple is detecting a flame. ( the flame is good and strong and the jet isn't blocked, I had this apart and it's all fine)
    So I guessing maybe whatever solenoid keeps the gas safety valve open may be faulty.
    Marty.

Got home this evening again and it decided to start working so there's something intermittent that needs sorting......

yeah it signals the spark box too,
    are you sure you have the T/C in its correct place? how old is the fridge? is it definitely a30mb one?

can you access the top of it , where the valves and wires are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers Aidan. Ok if it signals the sparbox too then would my assumption of the t/c being in the right place should be good??
    Fridge is about ten years old is a 6300 series if I remember right.
    It's 30 mb alright I'm not sure what I can access at the top of the fridge yet as I haven't looked there in a while
    If I can somehow test the thermocouple and valve with a multimeter that would be great
    Cheers
    Martin.

the current the T/C generates is so small it's hard to measure. if you can access the top , try loosenong and re-tightening the 8mm nut that holds the T/C into the valve . It sometimes works...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Aidan... Not sure if you've posted it before, but is there a quick guide to servicing a fridge? The gas works in mine, and it does on 240, but its been idle for some time and I'd say it could do with one...

Thanks

Advertisement