Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan treats?

Options
  • 17-04-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I want to buy some sweets/treats for a vegan, what fairly common snacks would be ok? Ive read through a few pages here and so far I've got jelly tots, moser roth chocolate and hula hoops - are there others? I'm imagining many crisps would be ok. If anyone could add a few more things it'd be a great help, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Check the labels for milk or cheese powder, but as a rough guide:

Aldi's mini Almond & Orange Dark Chocolate bars (and probably most of their dark chocolate)
    Butler's Almond & Orange dark chocolate
    Divine dark chocolate
    Lidl dark chocolate
    Green & Blacks dark chocolate
    Celtic chocolates (the non-dairy ones)
    Chilli flavour Doritos
    Ready salted crisps
    Original Pringles

Loads of other stuff I can't think of right now...

And if you want to splash out, Swedish Glace Ice Cream, costs about €5 for a litre though, and I've never seen it outside health food shops. But it's lovely :D

Ok now I want junk food!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Pink Panther pink wafters. Bourbon biscuits. Starburst.

Pringles: Original, Texas BBQ Sauce Flavour, Paprika, Curry, Smokin' Bacon Flavour, Light Original, Dippers Original, Zesty Lime and Chilli
    Unfortunately Breezer the Salt and Vinegar ones aren't ok. Just look for the vegan box to be ticked on the side of the pack.

Yes, us vegans know all about the tasty treats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Unfortunately Breezer the Salt and Vinegar ones aren't ok. Just look for the vegan box to be ticked on the side of the pack.
    Woops, sorry, I've edited my post. Thought they were for some reason. I can't stand them so I've never really got close enough to check!

Ha, yeah, salt and vinegar can be quite strong indeed!

I hope that's a good selection for you to choose from OP :)

Gotta add Snax to that crisp list. Mmmmm and salted popcorn is an easy one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Thanks everyone, some great stuff there for me to choose from!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

If you want to splash out then Natashas living foods do some little boxes of truffles which look yum! I have seen them in the HFS and Fresh supermarkets.

If its more mainstream stuff then I saw some dark choc and rose truffles in M+S, a dark chocolate easter egg which looks divine and you can also find lovely crisps and other lovely things in M+S including ..........various jellies mmmmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

Ha, yeah, salt and vinegar can be quite strong indeed!

I hope that's a good selection for you to choose from OP :)

Gotta add Snax to that crisp list. Mmmmm and salted popcorn is an easy one too!

As in Tayto snax????:confused: delicious cheesy and oniony niceness??

Erm you make me doubt myself... But yes, get to the snax!! Yum yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

thats wonderful, i had no idea! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

• original hula hoops
    • bacon flavour snacks in aldi and tesco are surprisingly vegan
    • fig rolls
    • lots of tasty breakfast cereals
    it just takes a little bit of research but there is plenty out there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Forest Feasts dried mango is lovely. It doesn't say anything on the packet about it being suitable for vegans but it appears to just contain mango and cane sugar.

Cashew nuts taste great too.

Advertisement