Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics and Chemistry

• 17-04-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I am currently in fifth year doing both Chemistry and Physics. I recently found out about a subject which combines the two called Physics and Chemistry which there is a leaving cert. examination for. What I am wondering is, would I be allowed to do this Physics and Chemistry exam along with the physics exam and the chemistry exam purely for points not for entry requirements into college. I have had a look at the Physics and Chemistry subject exam papers and they don't seem to have much which is not covered on the physics or chemistry courses.

Thanks for reading and to anyone who replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

no you're not allowed do physics or chemistry with phys/chem(the combined subject)

its really only for schools who don't have the demand for physics or chemistry so they do the combined subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'm almost sure the exam is on at the same time as one of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Fireball07 wrote: »
    It is yeah, and it's not an allowable subject combination for entry requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Ya it's on the same time as Physics.Clearly the SEC have thought people might try this.It's only fair really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement