Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaretta D'arcy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

antonf wrote: »
    Not that easy to become a Galwegian. She is, and always will be, a blow-in to true Galwegians (no disrespect intended - just the way it is).

Honestly, that should be neither here nor there, this old banter of 'blow ins'. Galway residents (good and bad) will always be made up of recent 'blow ins', 'blow ins' who have lived here half their lives, as well as 'auld shtock'.
    Across the arts, music, politics etc - plenty of people who call Galway home, and are part of the fabric, but weren't born here.

We has to go both ways, whether we like them or not. We can't claim some longtime residents and not others who have been here as long.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but it crops up a lot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

D'arcy woman should have done the decent thing by observing the minute's silence. But then she is attention seeking, always has been but of no real relevance to anything anymore. Pity she has to spend her twilight years in such a bitter way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I read something in one of the Galway papers earlier this week (Sentinel maybe?) where she justified not respecting the minutes silence because there hadn't been an equivalent one for a recently-murdered constable. I'll see if I can find it later.

Advertisement