Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor sim

Options
  • 17-04-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get two sims working on the same number? I bought a really expensive phone and I only want to use it for work purposes, I dont want to be carrying the phone out at weekends as I would be afraid I'd damage or loose phone.

At the moment I have swapped the sim from my old phone into my new phone and when going out the weekends, I swap the sim back into my old phone again. Is it possible just to have one sim in my new phone and one sim in my old phone using the same number? If so I would do it even at a cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Its possible but not permitted by the networks. In other words they wont help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

any solution around it?

None that i know of I'm afraid.

I suppose I mite just get another sim card with a different number and divert all calls with my own number to my other number. Can i divert SMS messages?

No you cant divert sms I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jenvict

you could just say you lost your sim and pay for a replacement with the same number.

Jenvict wrote: »
    you could just say you lost your sim and pay for a replacement with the same number.
    That would overwrite my own sim though and make it not usable. The one I'd have would automatically be cancelled when issuing me the new sim card.

Advertisement