Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theory test

• 17-04-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Quick one for you guys.

Just flicking through the RSA book. Rules for Motorcyclists start on page 147 and end on Page 154. This seems very short. Is there a seperate book for motorcycles? I want to brush up for my theory test.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

All the other road rules apply also (i.e. those in the car section) - so you'll need to learn the other sections too. The motorbike section can be consider supplemental material to the first 150 odd pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I just thought there would be more info regarding the bike. I have a full licence for the car but from what I read ill need to do the theory test again. Ill probably fail it this time:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Damien_d12

want to do the motorcycle theory test and have I have a full car licence too. so I will have to do practically the same test again!? seems a bit redundant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

The test is very similar to the car one - as much of the same rules obviously apply (red lights, etc). The specific motorbike stuff is really around road positioning and maneuvers such as in a right-hand bend with a truck where should you be positioned, the command position, etc.

TBH I've been driving for 17 years and only biking 2, I didn't focus too much on the car stuff, only on the biker stuff and found it ok.

I know it is another test, but there has to be some commonality between tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Quick one for you guys.

Just flicking through the RSA book. Rules for Motorcyclists start on page 147 and end on Page 154. This seems very short. Is there a seperate book for motorcycles? I want to brush up for my theory test.

Thats the wrong book for the theory test Richard.

This is the correct one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Got to admit that there's a lot of things in the Theory Test book that I wouldn't have known from the get go! The questions and the manner in which they're asked has changed a fair amount since I did it first in 2003.

I bought the CD for it as I have the TT looming on Wed. It's a great help considering it allows you to do the Theory test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

oleras wrote: »
    Thats the wrong book for the theory test Richard.

This is the correct one.

Thank you. I think ill pick up the cd version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

There is also this booklet. But as already said use the theory test book/CD for the theory test.

Advertisement