Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM transmitter for car

Options
  • 17-04-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

I have an ipod, and I'm looking for one of those speaker things that plays your iPod through a radio station. So many to choose from so thought I'd list my specifics and see if people have anything to suggest:

I need it to charge my ipod
    I like my music loud so want something with a good sound
    Price wise looking at around €40

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I have an ipod, and I'm looking for one of those speaker things that plays your iPod through a radio station. So many to choose from so thought I'd list my specifics and see if people have anything to suggest:

I need it to charge my ipod
    I like my music loud so want something with a good sound
    Price wise looking at around €40

I've never had much luck with the FM transmitters - at best they've been OK for me, but certainly not good enough to lash up the volume. I only cover 20 miles in my commute, and have problems finding a frequency that lasts OK for me.

It's a long shot, but if your car has a tape deck, then I'd go for a tape converter instead - much better quality.

Or just splash out a good bit more and get something nifty like the XCarLink. I got one for my car at Christmas, and it's brilliant. It replaces the CD changer with my iPhone, so I can change tracks using my steering wheel controls, and the quality is very good. It charges the phone, plus I got a bluetooth add-on for it so it's also a car phone as well.

Advertisement