Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moddy question.

Options
  • 17-04-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

will a .22 moody be any good on a .17?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It'll work if thats any help. As to how well i'm not sure, never used one like that.

Most mods are not calibre specific. By that i mean a .250 cal mod can be used on a .204 up to .243, and a .30cal mod can be used on a .270/.308/30-06, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I've got two mods, a SAK & a LEI. THe SAK will do .17 & .22, the LEI is .17 specific. I've tried both on my HMR & both are effective. There's not much in it but if i had to call it i reckon the LEI is that bit better, it'd want to be for the price. The SAK does a good job but the LEI takes away just a bit more of the crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    will a .22 moody be any good on a .17?

If you're talking .22lr and .17HMR, then I had a SAK on both and it was grand :) Once the threading is the same on both barrels you'll be fine.

Advertisement