Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara Bog

Options
  • 17-04-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

Is anyone here familiar with Clara Bog?

I drove down to it today, but could not find any car park, as is mentioned on its Wiki page.

I can only assume it's the Pitch & Putt car park?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

whyulittle wrote: »
    Is anyone here familiar with Clara Bog?

I drove down to it today, but could not find any car park, as is mentioned on its Wiki page.

I can only assume it's the Pitch & Putt car park?

Offaly forum your best bet. Couple from Clara there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Moved from Nature and Birdwatching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

There was a car park in the 1990's in the middle of the Clara Bog road towards Rahan but that was "de-comissioned" approximately 5yrs ago.

Right now there is no official public access to the Bog..

There is a Car park and a walk route on marginal privately owned land to the Southeast that also leads to a section of bog with a wooden boardwalk.

If you want to discuss further pm me as i know the whole territory very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Is there bog oak on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

woodturner wrote: »
    Is there bog oak on it?

Undoubtedly, there could be. But if you were found digging in there, I'd imagine it could mean jail-time. Its an SAC.

There's a compound out at Lough Boora that is full of what I believe is 'bog oak' (or bog whatever hard wood) that was recovered in harvesting operations. You could research that and see if they are forthcoming? Its to the left of the main lake as you're heading out towards Kilcormac. You take a left at a shed and head in towards the model aeroplanes etc. And again, they might not be selling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Panic

Advertisement