Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

touts wrote: »
    Anyone know when they will be recruiting and what roles they are looking for?

If previous adverts on FAS.ie are anything to go by, it'll be for JobBridge Interns!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Hi all,would anybody know of a plaster in Clonmel....i have contacted a couple via newspapers etc but the job is to small, 3 that i rand did nt show up...anyway its a day or two work plastering internal garage conversion.Any numbers would be great.Thanks.

copy1 wrote: »
    Hi all,would anybody know of a plaster in Clonmel....i have contacted a couple via newspapers etc but the job is to small, 3 that i rand did nt show up...anyway its a day or two work plastering internal garage conversion.Any numbers would be great.Thanks.

Ask in hardware stores, like Chadwicks.

Thanks for reply i did already,i did nt think it would be hard to find someone that would interested in some cash for a days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Ask in hardware stores, like Chadwicks.

Do not waste your time asking about the black economy in Chadwicks, Chadwicks are part of the Grafton Group and are publicly quoted Company on the Irish Stock Exchange.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Xenophile wrote: »
    Do not waste your time asking about the black economy in Chadwicks, Chadwicks are part of the Grafton Group and are publicly quoted Company on the Irish Stock Exchange.

Thats great but all i need is someone to plaster my garage :)

Thats great but all i need is someone to plaster my garage :)

Go to the Social Welfare Office and ask them if they have any plasterers on their books.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Go to the Social Welfare Office and ask them if they have any plasterers on their books.

I'll bet three of them will be the lads who were too busy to do your job.

The National Asset Management Agency (Nama) is planning to put another eight hotels in Ireland up for sale as part of its ongoing wind-down of loans and assets.

The hotels are Fels Point near Tralee, Co Kerry; the Maldron in Wexford; the Clonmel Park in Co Tipperary.....................

This is good news, even though in my opinion this hotel has been run very well lately, you cannot expect private entrepreneurs to come in and compete with Government backed hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

The National Asset Management Agency (Nama) is planning to put another eight hotels in Ireland up for sale as part of its ongoing wind-down of loans and assets.

The hotels are Fels Point near Tralee, Co Kerry; the Maldron in Wexford; the Clonmel Park in Co Tipperary.....................

This is good news, even though in my opinion this hotel has been run very well lately, you cannot expect private entrepreneurs to come in and compete with Government backed hotels.

When the Clonmel Park becomes less of an absolute rip-off I may look at attending a function or maybe even holding one there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Meathlass wrote: »
    I think it's good news for South Tipperary! Most employees probably live around Clonmel and will just drive to Fethard instead now. So most money will probably stay in Clonmel but some local shops (particularly petrol stations and convenience stores) in Fethard will get a lift as well.

Fethard could do with the jobs as didn't that amount of workers loose their jobs in the same factory last year.

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/business/fethard-workers-meet-minister-bruton-on-dawn-foods-closure-1-5493260

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Stone House to re-open before Christmas, its going to be a steak house

snipey wrote: »

Good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Does anyone know if the Stonehouse chef/people are opening up anywhere else??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

There is also a new restaurant opening in Cahir, good signs all round. Lava Rock.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I passed by it just a few hours ago it still has the to let sign on the building outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

tippspur wrote: »
    All those old meters are going to be replaced anyway aren't they.

They are but considering I paid for it when I purchased my house and thus it is my property I would like to know where it went.

On another more positive note as another poster mentioned the old Mordaunt garage is being re-opened. This time by Barlos who are going to have Nissan and Hyundai in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

F34 wrote: »
    They are but considering I paid for it when I purchased my house and thus it is my property I would like to know where it went.

I agree totally and have wondered about this. I imagine there is some clause where it probably is not your property, like the esb or your gas. meter.

Am I correct is thinking there is a built in charge to cover the cost of your water meter included in the water charges.

You could report it stolen I suppose, that should clarify the situation. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

F34 wrote: »

On another more positive note as another poster mentioned the old Mordaunt garage is being re-opened. This time by Barlos who are going to have Nissan and Hyundai in there.

I had a feeling they'd end up in there. Great to see them expanding, they're a pretty decent crowd to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

FB is full of Irish Water updates,and people on the protest in estates.They have said they wont pay,so whats the point in standing in the cold.Let the non payment be the protest..the meters will be put in anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

People have been whipped up to hysteria by the media and social media.
    Regardless of the method, surely anyone with an ounce of sense sees the need to meter water and charge according to use.
    They protested in Auburn Park yesterday, although it didn't seem to stop the works going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

PM sent, if that guy doesn't work out, let me know as I might be able to get a couple of other numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Can anyone recommend a good health spa in Clonmel for massage etc?

It doesn't have to have a sauna or steam room or anything like that but that would be a bonus.

I'm interested in the quality and atmosphere of the place, not somewhere cheap and nasty. Somewhere where the guests are treated well, perhaps with complimentary drink or snack.

(in before 'Happy Ending' crudeness)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good health spa in Clonmel for massage etc?

It doesn't have to have a sauna or steam room or anything like that but that would be a bonus.

I'm interested in the quality and atmosphere of the place, not somewhere cheap and nasty. Somewhere where the guests are treated well, perhaps with complimentary drink or snack.

(in before 'Happy Ending' crudeness)

park hotel :) they do massages and all that , fairly sure they have sauna n steam room in there leisure center aswell :)

http://www.clonmelparkhotel.com/eco-spa.htm

have a look around here :) ^^

PM sent, if that guy doesn't work out, let me know as I might be able to get a couple of other numbers

Thanks very much for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

DID clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

nadroir wrote:
    DID clonmel

Ops sorry is DID in Clonmel closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

nadroir wrote: »
    Ops sorry is DID in Clonmel closed?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos