Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

Xenophile wrote: »
    Will you support the Irish soccer team as O'Brien sponsors them very heavily and will you urge your friends to stop supporting the team?
    You should read what is written before commenting
    i never said i was not supporting him and never said i would urge others not to . i said it was incorrect to say it was not a franchise and that boycott would bot hurt o brien andlocal people may lose jobs .Boycott would hurt him. That statement is emotional blackmail against protestors and i am not one .i just say they are entitled to protest people lost jobs and homes under your political masters.if people do lose jobs at topaz it goes back to the people who brought in the charges not the protestors

Meath lass slags off the messenger as she does not like the truth in the message. any of the anti waterpeople would tear any your pathetic arguments to shreds. That is why you hide behind the keyboard with them

[QUOTE=Yorker;93091820
    Meath lass slags off the messenger as she does not like the truth in the message. any of the anti waterpeople would tear any your pathetic arguments to shreds. That is why you hide behind the keyboard with them[/QUOTE]

And probably burn them in their barrell along with whatever rubbish they were burning there today! I'm sure the people around the Fethard Road area were delighted with the smell from the smoke! Can't understand how they are allowed build a shelter there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I passed an accident last week at the roundabout O'Rahilly avenue/Waterford Road between a cyclist and a car. The cyclist seemed to be unconscious, I hope he/she was ok.
    Anybody hear anything?

And probably burn them in their barrell along with whatever rubbish they were burning there today! I'm sure the people around the Fethard Road area were delighted with the smell from the smoke! Can't understand how they are allowed build a shelter there either.
    as always you change the subject when called. why don't you complain them and do so in public like the protestors not hiding behind a computer

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Great news from the weekend as Clonmel man David Foley was made man of the match after his debut for Ireland, after their 49-7 victory over Georgia :) Well done!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/dave-foley-looking-to-build-on-bright-start-1.2003056

• Advertisement

Yorker wrote: »
    as always you change the subject when called. why don't you complain them and do so in public like the protestors not hiding behind a computer

Will you pay the water charge Yorker?

Will you pay the water charge Yorker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

You should read what is written before commenting
    i never said i was not supporting him and never said i would urge others not to . i said it was incorrect to say it was not a franchise and that boycott would bot hurt o brien andlocal people may lose jobs .Boycott would hurt him. That statement is emotional blackmail against protestors and i am not one .i just say they are entitled to protest people lost jobs and homes under your political masters.if people do lose jobs at topaz it goes back to the people who brought in the charges not the protestors

Meath lass slags off the messenger as she does not like the truth in the message. any of the anti waterpeople would tear any your pathetic arguments to shreds. That is why you hide behind the keyboard with them

Did I miss an announcement about Denis O'Brien discovering he was born in Clonmel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

if it is a franchise it is hurting DOB and people have right to protest just like the farmers can blockade the meat factories. If it is not franchised they could not use the topaz brand. there are many with no work who are being forced to pay water charges
    and farmers should not be allowed blockade the meat factories but they do. In any case i was not responding to you but showing the inaccurace comments re franchises. if it was not a franchise they would not be using the topaz brand and so they are part of DOB.why don't you shop in meath
    Boycott would hurt him.

It would seem that my reading skills are adequate enough!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

The flood relief measures seem to have been a success in Clonmel. I note the barriers are still up. Good job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

cml387 wrote: »
    I passed an accident last week at the roundabout O'Rahilly avenue/Waterford Road between a cyclist and a car. The cyclist seemed to be unconscious, I hope he/she was ok.
    Anybody hear anything?

Didnt hear that, but its a real blackspot there - there is an accident of some description there every week - its a poorly designed roundabout and motorists rarely adhere to the lanes when on it -

traffic coming from town direction barrel and from waterford direction just barrel through it -only thing that slows them is the snarled traffic often caused by the shopping centre traffic

The roundabout before the cemetery is equally as dangerous - coming from Waterford direction its too "straight thru" for motorists and they carry too speed much if going straight on - if you are entering the roundabout from the sliversprings road, you are completely blind to the traffic coming from the town direction until they enter the roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Didnt hear that, but its a real blackspot there - there is an accident of some description there every week - its a poorly designed roundabout and motorists rarely adhere to the lanes when on it -

traffic coming from town direction barrel and from waterford direction just barrel through it -only thing that slows them is the snarled traffic often caused by the shopping centre traffic

The roundabout before the cemetery is equally as dangerous - coming from Waterford direction its too "straight thru" for motorists and they carry too speed much if going straight on - if you are entering the roundabout from the sliversprings road, you are completely blind to the traffic coming from the town direction until they enter the roundabout.

I agree 100% with that,and I think the roundabout coming out of woodies is dangerous,as the traffic from the Cahir road side come way too fast through the roundabout,well most anyway.I wonder about the traffic lights at Kickham street,where you turn right to go to superquinn/supervalue carpark.When the light goes green,and you drive on to where the box with the right arrow is.The filter light only happens sometimes...I have just about got through on amber at times..and I don't want to stuck there on a red,if some large truck is trying to get around the corner.But I have seen people drive straight on to that island,when the light is red..which means they have broken a red light,and could be in the way of something coming around the corner

The traffic lights at the Cresent are also to be treated with caution - i have seen a few accidents there where drivers go on green and a car from another direction also goes and claims it was green for them too. At first i thought it was red light jumpers but the amount of times i see it and the time delay after light change would have me think its a possible signal error.

Another theory is a green direction arrow that drivers mistake for a proper green light - either way, i always navigate it with my wits about me.

While we're on the suject of traffic lights...here's a question.

Imagine you are heading into town at the old meat factory in Irishtown.
    There is a green light and a green filter to turn right down to the Convent Bridge.

When both greens are on, it's no problem.
    If the "main" green is on and the green filter is off, can you still proceed to turn right?

I say yes.

Xenophile wrote: »
    It would seem that my reading skills are adequate enough!
    no idea what point you are making in this or the previous one. never said dob was born ion clonmel

There is a green light and a green filter to turn right down to the Convent Bridge.

If the "main" green is on and the green filter is off, can you still proceed to turn right?

I say yes.

you are correct - you should expect (and of course give way to) on-coming traffic before you turn right. When the arrow is on, the on-coming traffic has been stopped.

I say yes.

If its green and clear...I would...same at oakville..turning towards the railway station

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I say yes.

Yes, of course. As long as there is nothing coming against you obviously.

I say yes.

If its green and clear...I would...same at oakville..turning towards the railway station

Numerous times I have come behind traffic that comes to a dead stop at the meat factory after the green filter is gone (but the main green remains) and will not proceed.

• Advertisement

Numerous times I have come behind traffic that comes to a dead stop at the meat factory after the green filter is gone (but the main green remains) and will not proceed.

Drive around them

I say yes.

You should only turn right if the arrow is in your favour, but most will turn right if only the main green is on and the way is clear. Not sure if that's allowed, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I say yes.

I would also say yes. If it's forbidden then the arrow should be red for the duration.

Also remember a green light does not give you the right of way.

You should only turn right if the arrow is in your favour, but most will turn right if only the main green is on and the way is clear. Not sure if that's allowed, though.
    That is wrong. you can go on the full green -not arrow-if nothing coming against you
    http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1758

That is wrong. you can go on the full green -not arrow-if nothing coming against you
    http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1758

Thank you for clarifying that for us, Yorkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The craziest junction in Clonmel is the one at the top of Mary street at the Local pub,trying to turn down into Queen street there is a nightmare,your only hope is that some nice person comes along and stops to let you out,otherwise you could be stuck there for ages just going mad.Traffic lights badly needed on that cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Personally I like the roundabout at Topaz at the railway station.

When you go straight through from the Fethard side and hit that dip right in the centre of it I imagine I'm in Brands Hatch.

Some engineer must have been promoted or got a design award as a result of that one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

tippspur wrote: »
    The craziest junction in Clonmel is the one at the top of Mary street at the Local pub,trying to turn down into Queen street there is a nightmare,your only hope is that some nice person comes along and stops to let you out,otherwise you could be stuck there for ages just going mad.Traffic lights badly needed on that cross.

Move the little shrine and put a small roundabout there or alternatively ban traffic travelling east from turning right at this junction as there are light controlled junctions just a few short meters to the left and right of same.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

dieselbug wrote: »
    Personally I like the roundabout at Topaz at the railway station.

When you go straight through from the Fethard side and hit that dip right in the centre of it I imagine I'm in Brands Hatch.

Some engineer must have been promoted or got a design award as a result of that one. :)

That dip is a triumph of traffic calming measures - think about it -

It forces boy racers to crawl though there to avoid tearing their bumpers off - think about it - a service station right on the corder, traffic barreling thru - you have to take it easy going past there now - much more effective than ramps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

That dip is a triumph of traffic calming measures - think about it -

It forces boy racers to crawl though there to avoid tearing their bumpers off - think about it - a service station right on the corder, traffic barreling thru - you have to take it easy going past there now - much more effective than ramps

The entrance to the train station is lethal as you come around the corner as you have people exiting through it doing so blindly so cutting across cars coming from the roundabout

Advertisement