Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I notice the digital clock/temperature sign out KWS on the by pass is gone,I'm going to miss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

it was handy, however i always noted one side of the display read 2 degrees warmer than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

it was handy, however i always noted one side of the display read 2 degrees warmer than the other

I assumed that was due to wind chill ???
    Pity its gone !!

solerina wrote: »
    I assumed that was due to wind chill ???
    Pity its gone !!

if it had two thermometers, then maybe - or having the sun on one side - but it was consistently showing a difference of two degrees between its two displays - just go by the average i guess - :-)

it will be missed. Especially on cold, dark, winter evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

just look at your dash board and that will give you the temp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

snipey wrote: »

If you were out cycling it was a reference point for the seasons change. The coldest I remember was -6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I used to always laugh passing there as it never matched the temp on my dashboard! Always about 2 degrees difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

cml387 wrote: »
    If you were out cycling it was a reference point for the seasons change. The coldest I remember was -6.

you can get watches that give you the temp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

^^ most of us have smartphones too with temp :D :P is devannes up irishtown opening back up ?

cml387 wrote: »
    I was out running one night a couple of years ago and it was -4 when I passed under it.

• Advertisement

you are assuming my car has an outside temp display, it does not - that would have been considered quite a luxury 20 years ago when the car was built.

yes on the bike was where i took most notice it was always a discussion point when we would pass it, whether the air felt the same as the temp that was on display

I remember out walking,I saw -7..Why are they removing it?

I remember out walking,I saw -7..Why are they removing it?
    KWS have closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Emerald Gardens is no more. A Clonmel institution since Patsy O'Sullivan's garage closed.

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Emerald Gardens is no more. A Clonmel institution since Patsy O'Sullivan's garage closed.
    What?????

I had heard of some issues but I thought they'd been sorted.

The take away is still open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Best of luck to Clonmel RFC who play Shannon in the Munster Junior Cup today to hopefully win it for the second year in a row.

They have also been awarded best Munster Junior Club award for the second year massive achievement by the club and all involved up there.

Have to say after what I thought was a positive start for Pearls Chinese restaurant the last two times I've ordered takeaway from there have been very poor experiences to a point where I eventually cancelled an order with them tonight despite myself and my family being hungry.

I certainly will not be visiting them again.

F34 wrote: »
    Have to say after what I thought was a positive start for Pearls Chinese restaurant the last two times I've ordered takeaway from there have been very poor experiences to a point where I eventually cancelled an order with them tonight despite myself and my family being hungry.

Can you elaborate?

pooch90 wrote: »
    Can you elaborate?

The last time when I went into pay their card machine was out of order so had to go to the bank to get money. PTSB was out of order so had to go to another bank machine. This could have been avoid by telling me their machine was out of order when I rang in the order or when they rang me to tell me my order was ready.

When I got cash paid and went home I discovered a bit of the order was missing so rang them collected the missing item and guess what it was cold when I got home.

Fast forward to last night rang in my order 10 mins later they rang to say they didn't have one part of the order had to find out what the other person wanted instead by ringing them and then ring back the restaurant.

5 minutes later another call to say they didn't have another part of the order again had to try and sort out what the other person was having.

Went down to collect the order and their front door was locked for some reason. Cue me looking like an idiot trying to open a locked door.

At that point I had had enough and went home rang them and told the lovely girl on the phone I wanted to cancel the order she passed me onto someone else who offered a what can only be described as a meek apology.

• Advertisement

Ok, fair enough, that would put me off returning too!
    That's disappointing as I had heard nothing but good about the place since it opened and was intending on getting food there at some stage.

Ok, fair enough, that would put me off returning too!
    That's disappointing as I had heard nothing but good about the place since it opened and was intending on getting food there at some stage.

Too be honest the fact that their food is nice is what me give them another chance. But out of the four times I've been there two of them have led to a poor experience.

There's no real excuse for not knowing that they are out of a certain ingredient when taking the order, this should be communicated from the kitchen asap to the reception. can't beat Emperor Palace ;)
    On a related note, am thinking of Indian takeaway tonight, anyone tell me which is better-Planet Spice or Indian Ocean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Indian ocean, all day long. Special kebab is lovely

Thanks Charlie, decision made!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Got food there 3 nights ago for the first time. I rang an order ahead and arrived 15mins later to collect.

20 mins later inlwft with my order and got home 5/6 mins by car to discover my food was practically cold. Didn't complain and maybe should have but won't be going there again ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

On a related note, am thinking of Indian takeaway tonight, anyone tell me which is better-Planet Spice or Indian Ocean?

Planet Spice is pretty good in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

The last time when I went into pay their card machine was out of order so had to go to the bank to get money. PTSB was out of order so had to go to another bank machine. This could have been avoid by telling me their machine was out of order when I rang in the order or when they rang me to tell me my order was ready.

Have had this experience with them and the card machine as well. Do they just not take cards at all. Also with China Kitchen tonight,apparently they only take cash no cards,which they didn't say when I phoned in the order.
    Cue me having to go and get cash to pay and after all that the food wasn't even nice and was lukewarm.

Thanks for the recommendation, was yum. Garlic Chilli Masala burned hubby's mouth off, was v funny!

• Advertisement

OK, had a very lazy week and ended up getting loads of take away, tried Planet Spice and we reckon it wins! It is more expensive as you have to order rice separately but worth it.

Advertisement