Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Does anyone know where I could buy a bag of topsoil? Chadwicks had none, and apparently the fella across from Tescos is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could buy a bag of topsoil? Chadwicks had none, and apparently the fella across from Tescos is gone.

Aldi were selling it last week ( in small bags,maybe 30 or 40 litres) I think it was about €4 per bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I see lads in high vis vests on the bypass area a lot, about 5 or 6 sometimes, whats that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

pooch90 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation, was yum. Garlic Chilli Masala burned hubby's mouth off, was v funny!

My personal favourite from their menu too although some of their staff (inc chef) moved to their sister restaurant in dungarvan a few years back. Their chilli masala is much nicer and doesn't have the extreme bitter chillies as in Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I see lads in high vis vests on the bypass area a lot, about 5 or 6 sometimes, what's that about?
    Lads on the FAS collecting rubbish I'd say.

• Advertisement

Any sign of the race track opening up again in the evenings for walkers and runners? I heard someone was trying to get a petition going to open it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

tippspur wrote: »
    Any sign of the race track opening up again in the evenings for walkers and runners? I heard someone was trying to get a petition going to open it up again.

I am not sure what use a petition is going to do, apparently it got to a stage where the only way of ensuring the security of walkers, runners and their belongings is additional resources and the simple question is who is going to pay for it.

I doubt it'll ever open freely again. Which is a shame, as it's a lovely walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

really miss it these evenings

really miss it these evenings

I walk down by the river now. It's really beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I walk down by the river now. It's really beautiful.

The wak down by the river is nice alright, until the horsey crowd start walking the horses down there and leave horse 5hite all over the path.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I haven't been down by the river for a while, have they cut back all the bushes and weeds?

I haven't been down by the river for a while, have they cut back all the bushes and weeds?

Yes. I think they got a grant to keep it maintained, which will be great.

Clonmel on Nationwide RTE 1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

How far can you walk as it is? Is it possible to walk all the way to Carrick..I never went past the bridge,where the Anner meets the suir..That was for fishing.not today nor yesterday ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

cunavalos wrote: »
    I am not sure what use a petition is going to do, apparently it got to a stage where the only way of ensuring the security of walkers, runners and their belongings is additional resources and the simple question is who is going to pay for it.

Isnt it terrible, that so few gurriers,can ruin things, for so many.

How far can you walk as it is? Is it possible to walk all the way to Carrick..I never went past the bridge,where the Anner meets the suir..That was for fishing.not today nor yesterday ;-)

It's not joined up yet. I love that area of the river.

Someone I was talking to said they had run all the way to Kilsheelan, so there must be some sort of track - the river floods though so it can be boggy. I believe they are going to do a track all the way to Carrick, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Someone I was talking to said they had run all the way to Kilsheelan, so there must be some sort of track - the river floods though so it can be boggy. I believe they are going to do a track all the way to Carrick, that would be great.

The Irish Times has a regular feature on walks around Ireland. I think he must be local to round here because he regularly features the Comeraghs. Last Saturday he did that very walk from the Gashouse Bridge to Carrick.

I have heard a cycleway is planned but is bogged down by objections from farmers along the route.

cml387 wrote: »
    The Irish Times has a regular feature on walks around Ireland. I think he must be local to round here because he regularly features the Comeraghs. Last Saturday he did that very walk from the Gashouse Bridge to Carrick.

I have heard a cycleway is planned but is bogged down by objections from farmers along the route.

According to tonights Nationwide, the work is to be completed in 7 months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

According to tonights Nationwide, the work is to be completed in 7 months time.

Thanks, I must watch that episode on catchup!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

there was work done last year behind kilaloan cemetry which is well fenced off and enables you to walk from two mile bridge to kilsheelan even now, well worth a walk

This is from Michael Murphy's facebook page.

Please to announce that on Monday next, the signing of the formal agreement and associated documents between Tipperary County Council and the Successful Tenderer with regard to the Civil Works for the development of the National Cycle Network (NCN) on the Clonmel to Carrick-on-Suir Greenway will take place.

The construction work of the Greenway proposal is for a walking/cycle track from Mulcahy Park in Clonmel to Carrick on Suir across an approximate 19km pathway on the northern bank of the River Suir along the historic towpath route. The towpath is currently used by walkers only after the route was taken in charge by South Tipperary County Council in June 2013. The purpose of this project is to provide a safe and accessible route as an amenity for local residents and a tourist attraction for visitors.

The “Greenway” will be a hard surface cycling and walking track with a maximum width of 2m where possible but with a minimum width of 1.5 meters. There will be a grass margin on each side where space allows (proposed 1 meters width to river side and 0.3 meters width to land side).

The walking and cycling surface will vary over the full length of the project depending on the particular location, flooding issues and environmental sensitivity. The majority of the new pathway will consist of a bituminous macadam surface (approximately 70% of the works), Grasscrete (approx 5% at areas where heaviest flooding occurs) and reinforced grass (approx. 10% where flooding of a lesser extent occurs). In some sections hard surfacing exists already and no alterations are proposed. In other sections existing hard surfacing is to be widened.

The work also includes for the development of pedestrian/ bicycle friendly gates, signage, fencing, minor bank repair, development of culverts where necessary, a small wooden bridge crossing and all associated site works.

Plans and particulars of the proposed development were available for inspection at the Council offices in Clonmel, Carrick-on-Suir and Nenagh as part of the Part 8 Planning process from Thursday 7th August to Friday 19th September 2014 with the closing date for submissions to be received by Monday the 6th of October 2014. There were 11 submissions received in total and these were considered for the Chief Executives Report which went before the elected members of Tipperary County Council in the Council meeting on the 8th December 2014 where it was passed unanimously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FARADAYCAGED

This is from Michael Murphy's facebook page.

Please to announce that on Monday next, the signing of the formal agreement and associated documents between Tipperary County Council and the Successful Tenderer with regard to the Civil Works for the development of the National Cycle Network (NCN) on the Clonmel to Carrick-on-Suir Greenway will take place.

The construction work of the Greenway proposal is for a walking/cycle track from Mulcahy Park in Clonmel to Carrick on Suir across an approximate 19km pathway on the northern bank of the River Suir along the historic towpath route. The towpath is currently used by walkers only after the route was taken in charge by South Tipperary County Council in June 2013. The purpose of this project is to provide a safe and accessible route as an amenity for local residents and a tourist attraction for visitors.

The “Greenway” will be a hard surface cycling and walking track with a maximum width of 2m where possible but with a minimum width of 1.5 meters. There will be a grass margin on each side where space allows (proposed 1 meters width to river side and 0.3 meters width to land side).

The walking and cycling surface will vary over the full length of the project depending on the particular location, flooding issues and environmental sensitivity. The majority of the new pathway will consist of a bituminous macadam surface (approximately 70% of the works), Grasscrete (approx 5% at areas where heaviest flooding occurs) and reinforced grass (approx. 10% where flooding of a lesser extent occurs). In some sections hard surfacing exists already and no alterations are proposed. In other sections existing hard surfacing is to be widened.

The work also includes for the development of pedestrian/ bicycle friendly gates, signage, fencing, minor bank repair, development of culverts where necessary, a small wooden bridge crossing and all associated site works.

Plans and particulars of the proposed development were available for inspection at the Council offices in Clonmel, Carrick-on-Suir and Nenagh as part of the Part 8 Planning process from Thursday 7th August to Friday 19th September 2014 with the closing date for submissions to be received by Monday the 6th of October 2014. There were 11 submissions received in total and these were considered for the Chief Executives Report which went before the elected members of Tipperary County Council in the Council meeting on the 8th December 2014 where it was passed unanimously.
    pleased to announce sounds like he claims he did it. politico speak

pleased to announce sounds like he claims he did it. politico speak

He had as much to do with it as any other politician - absolutely nothing.

The project was very much a labour of love for the late Peter Britton, Senior Engineer RIP and Paddy Crotty (who was in the clip tonight on Nationwide)

Vizzy wrote: »

The project was very much a labour of love for the late Peter Britton, Senior Engineer RIP and Paddy Crotty (who was in the clip tonight on Nationwide)

Politicians usually have very little to do with such projects, but are quick to suggest they had! These projects are usually pushed by people with an interest in leisure activities in the area. It is a beautiful part of the country and the variety of wildlife and birds to be seen is amazing. I'm looking forward to the improvements.
    Maybe we should set up a "Boards.ie"Walk club!

Peter Britton was a lovely man. I hadn't heard about any of the above so I'm delighted. I'll definitely be using it - hope that the high tides/floods doesn't destroy it. Great news for the area

Peter Britton was a lovely man. I hadn't heard about any of the above so I'm delighted. I'll definitely be using it - hope that the high tides/floods doesn't destroy it. Great news for the area

He was an absolute gent.

The towpath/cycleway is being built in such a way that even if it floods it will not be damaged.(most of it is above the floodline with the exception of very severe floods)
    Remember that there has been a towpath there for 200 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FARADAYCAGED

Vizzy wrote: »

absolutely nothing is right like all political spinners. riding someone elses coatails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Interesting big gig for the recently appointed Clonmel High Court Judge, Don Binchy, as this weekend he deliberates over the decision he has to make whether or not he will grant an injunction to the richest man in the State, namely Denis O'Brien in his request not to allow RTE to broadcast a programme on his banking affairs. I believe this decision will be announced in the coming days!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement