Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Following the Nationwide Programme during the week, we decided to toddle off down the riverside from Kilsheelan towards Carrick. Lovely walk. A bit rough after Poulakerry Castle, but a beautiful way to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Following the Nationwide Programme during the week, we decided to toddle off down the riverside from Kilsheelan towards Carrick. Lovely walk. A bit rough after Poulakerry Castle, but a beautiful way to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon.

I watched the programme this evening. Whatever gods were smiling on the town that day but the river and environs looked fantastic in beautiful sunny weather , and no better advertisement for the walk could you possibly get.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Anyone know a plaster for job in Clonmel town...4 walls and a ceiling...please pm if anyone has a number/contact...(yes i have tried papers etc).Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Xenophile wrote: »
    Interesting big gig for the recently appointed Clonmel High Court Judge, Don Binchy, as this weekend he deliberates over the decision he has to make whether or not he will grant an injunction to the richest man in the State, namely Denis O'Brien in his request not to allow RTE to broadcast a programme on his banking affairs. I believe this decision will be announced in the coming days!

Denis O'Brien wins his case. So now he may consider investing some of his money in Tipperary!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I was wondering where they were talking about,Kilshane maybe?

pooch90 wrote: »
    I was wondering where they were talking about,Kilshane maybe?

Rumoured to be Clerihan

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

What's the story with the Emerald gardens restaurant and take away are they closed permanently, if so guess my gift voucher wont be redeemed.:(

Royco wrote: »
    What's the story with the Emerald gardens restaurant and take away are they closed permanently, if so guess my gift voucher wont be redeemed.:(

Is the takeaway closed too? I thought it was only the Restaurant. Bummer for you if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Is the takeaway closed too? I thought it was only the Restaurant. Bummer for you if it is.

It seems to be closed as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FARADAYCAGED

What's the best route to drive from clonmel to zoo in Dublin? Some online maps are giving through Kilkenny. Is not the motor way better? Would that be going into dublin via M50

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What's the best route to drive from clonmel to zoo in Dublin? Some online maps are giving through Kilkenny. Is not the motor way better? Would that be going into dublin via M50

Go to Cashel, get the M8, that turns into the M7, M7 turns into N7 and from there take the M50. Take M50 (S) to bring you towards the Zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Head out to Cahir or Cashel and up the M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

My preference would be Clonmel/Rosegreen/Cashel/M8 to Dublin or Clonmel/Knockagh Roundabout(near Cahir) to M8 to Dublin.

Only disadvantage to that route is a toll of €1.90 per journey in a car.

The Kilkenny route is not tolled but there is a longer journey(to Kilkenny) on "non motorway routes".

Once you get to Red Cow interchange you have choice to take M50 to Exit 7 (Chapelizod) or go the interchange,straight through to Heuston Station and then to North Circular Road to the Zoo.

Vizzy wrote: »
    My preference would be Clonmel/Rosegreen/Cashel/M8 to Dublin or Clonmel/Knockagh Roundabout(near Cahir) to M8 to Dublin.

Only disadvantage to that route is a toll of €1.90 per journey in a car.

The Kilkenny route is not tolled but there is a longer journey(to Kilkenny) on "non motorway routes".

Once you get to Red Cow interchange you have choice to take M50 to Exit 7 (Chapelizod) or go the interchange,straight through to Heuston Station and then to North Circular Road to the Zoo.
    Thanks. One toll is ok we need most direct route. Kilkenny is lots of small towns to pass through?

Loughc wrote: »
    Go to Cashel, get the M8, that turns into the M7, M7 turns into N7 and from there take the M50. Take M50 (S) to bring you towards the Zoo.
    Thanks. What is m50 S. What does the S mean? Southbound? is the S on the signs?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What does the S mean? Southbound? is the S on the signs?

Yes to both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

If you are worried bout driving through a few towns then Dublin city might be bit much for you.
    I'd suggest you park at the Red cow luas Park and ride (€4 parking per day), get the red line to heuston and it's a 5min walk to phoenix park/zoo

If you are worried bout driving through a few towns then Dublin city might be bit much for you.
    I'd suggest you park at the Red cow luas Park and ride (€4 parking per day), get the red line to heuston and it's a 5min walk to phoenix park/zoo
    it is the hassle and delay

it is the hassle and delay

Up the M7 and in the N4 as per vizzys instructions would be the fastest so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I see Coyles Coffee shop has closed down. Pity to see another shop closed in town, especially one that had seemed to have survived to worst of the crisis.

Thanks. What is m50 S. What does the S mean? Southbound? is the S on the signs?

Confusion here for a lot of provincial drivers, on the M50 Southbound means you are travelling towards Dundrum, Dun Laoire in other words towards the N11 which goes all the way to Wexford, on the other hand Northbound means in the direction of Dublin Airport. Approaching the Red Cow if you see a sign saying "The South", this indicates south of the country via the Naas Road.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Thanks. One toll is ok we need most direct route. Kilkenny is lots of small towns to pass through?

For the more adventurous you can pick up the M9 south of Kilkenny just south of Danesfort you would need to leave the N76 before or at Cuffesgrange. Small tricky roads but no towns to pass through and as was said already no tolls to pay!

I see Coyles Coffee shop has closed down. Pity to see another shop closed in town, especially one that had seemed to have survived to worst of the crisis.

That's bad news. Sorry to hear it.

Confusion here for a lot of provincial drivers, on the M50 Southbound means you are travelling towards Dundrum, Dun Laoire in other words towards the N11 which goes all the way to Wexford, on the other hand Northbound means in the direction of Dublin Airport. Approaching the Red Cow if you see a sign saying "The South", this indicates south of the country via the Naas Road.
    south of the county or country?

south of the county or country?

South of the country! In fact going through Newlands Cross in political terms would be known as Dublin West, whereas Dundrum and Sandyford etc would be known as South County Dublin.

South of the country! In fact going through Newlands Cross in political terms would be known as Dublin West, whereas Dundrum and Sandyford etc would be known as South County Dublin.
    It depends what side you are approaching newlands from

It depends what side you are approaching newlands from

Approaching it, after leaving the M50 you are going to the South of the Country via West Dublin. Happily there was a flyover built last year at Newlands Cross which makes it very easy. After Newlands Cross going towards the city make sure you get into the right lane as the signage there is or was not great!

In no situation would you be going via M50(s) for the zoo.
    For the n4 route it's M50(n) which is fastest by traffic in my opinion
    or city centre route by inchicore

• Advertisement

In no situation would you be going via M50(s) for the zoo.
    For the n4 route it's M50(n) which is fastest by traffic in my opinion
    or city centre route by inchicore

Exit 6 on the M50 is just beside the Phoenix Park .

Advertisement