Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Xenophile wrote: »
    As far as I know DID have control !

There's a banner on DID now saying "DID re-opening, under DID management".

Good news, the town badly misses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I met Fr, Ray Reidy around the end of April while he was officiating at the funeral of a friend of mine in Clonmel. I was struck by his honesty and compassion for everyone in the Ministry in which he served. See more about Ray on the Tipp GAA website here on this forum!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ahdi

Any body having idea of any toddler summer camp or activity camp? In clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

I'm surprised some shops can keep going with the lack of support in town. I wouldn't be shocked if more shops closed or relocated to smaller buildings like Tall Tales or the newsagents did.

ami1989 wrote: »
    I'm surprised some shops can keep going with the lack of support in town. I wouldn't be shocked if more shops closed or relocated to smaller buildings like Tall Tales or the newsagents did.

Where was Tall Tales?..Its a while since I was through the town,but how long is the sports shop that was in Gladstone street closed? It use to be a takeaway

• Advertisement

Where was Tall Tales?..Its a while since I was through the town,but how long is the sports shop that was in Gladstone street closed? It use to be a takeaway

It didn't last long. It's good to see Ger Ambrose moved onto O'Connell Street and Elverys taking over Menarys is a good move too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

Tall Tales used to have it's own store on the Narrow street but is now upstairs in the that art shop on the same street. Such a pity as it was a cheap place to get books. I'm not a big fan of going through another store to get to what I want and the book selection is a lot different. There's a few spaces on the narro street that could do with filling up

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Did I hear on the radio today that a Clonmel building won an architecture award today. Clonmel??? Architecture???

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Did I hear on the radio today that a Clonmel building won an architecture award today. Clonmel??? Architecture???

Yep. Clonmel!!! Architecture!!!

http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/tipperary_pharmacy_wins_prestigious_architecture_award

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

some nice buildings of architectural significance in Clonmel, just to name one, didn't the famous architect Michael Scott design the old Bus Station/Credit Union on Nelson St. a beautiful building now home to the South Tipperary Arts Centre -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

some nice buildings of architectural significance in Clonmel, just to name one, didn't the famous architect Michael Scott design the old Bus Station/Credit Union on Nelson St. a beautiful building now home to the South Tipperary Arts Centre -

Strictly speaking it was Eoin Buckley (working for Scott) who designed the bus station.
    Scott himself did the Ritz cinema, now replaced by the credit union building.

I see Pat Whelan of Whelans Butchers has been appointed to the Bord of Bord Bia, I suppose you could say that he has earned his crust or deserves his pound of flesh!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Hi anybody in Clonmel in residents committee...need any advice in setting one up.Thank you.

.Just a reminder that the new bus timetables from Clonmel started today...If you plan to go anywhere by bus tomorrow,check the new departure times.I use the Cork bus a lot,and that now goes earlier...

Xenophile wrote: »
    I see Pat Whelan of Whelans Butchers has been appointed to the Bord of Bord Bia, I suppose you could say that he has earned his crust or deserves his pound of flesh!

I hope he stays on the board a long time,and doesn't get the chop:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's a 7.15 that gets you into cork at 9.20. The next direct bus to cork is at 10.15.

Loughc wrote: »
    There's a 7.15 that gets you into cork at 9.20. The next direct bus to cork is at 10.15.

Thanks..I just altered my post....cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

There is no better champion of Irish food than Pat Whelan

Good pun !

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    There is no better champion of Irish food than Pat Whelan

That was a light hearted response to another post above..The way you have taken it out of context,makes it look like something else.You don't have to convince me of the great work of Pat Whelan:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Anyone know the price of a same day return train ticket to Dublin from Clonmel?
    Irish Rail website doesn't have prices for that journey for some reason.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ahdi

Uncle_moe wrote: »

Thanks
    I am not sure. But I think it's 42-45

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Can you still get cheaper tickets in the Credit Union?

Uncle_moe wrote: »

Thanks

Give Irish Rail in Thurles a ring, the office is open early morning to late at night.

0504 21733

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

Hi.

Could anyone recommend someone to repair/service PVC windows in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

All in all wrote: »
    Hi.

Could anyone recommend someone to repair/service PVC windows in Clonmel.

Eugene Quirke up in gortnafluer business park probably your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭All in all

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Eugene Quirke up in gortnafluer business park probably your best bet

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hows the Junction festival going? Seems extremely low key?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Hows the Junction festival going? Seems extremely low key?

Do you mean to say you missed the Albanian poetry reading in the Main Guard and the contemporary mime and movement artistes from Columbia???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

cml387 wrote: »
    Do you mean to say you missed the Albanian poetry reading in the Main Guard and the contemporary mime and movement artistes from Columbia???

Am in a word yes! Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places

Advertisement