Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Actually, I wasn't aware of the Chambers poster!

my tongue in cheek comment was comparing the 'I love Limerick' thing see link here to the Heroes thing in Clonmel.

I still think if the local traders and businesses aren't involved it's doomed from the start.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

More of the same...http://www.nationalist.ie/news/local/shots_fired_in_clonmel_incident_1_3442637

Shots fired in Clonmel incident

Published on Friday 20 January 2012 15:20

Clonmel gardai are investigating an apparent drive-by shooting in the town in the early hours of Friday morning. It is suspected that shots were fired from a passing car at a house in the Heywood Road/Elm Park area of the town at about 5am. No one was injured.

The scene has been cordoned off awaiting a technical examination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

Is it true St Michaels hospital is now a locked ward and if so why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Interesing read about the Main Guard featured in The Irish Times today.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0131/1224311003653.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Any one know of good PC repair shop in Clonmel.I need laptop dc connector repaired or replaced? Any idea on how much this would cost? Thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Interesing read about the Main Guard featured in The Irish Times today.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0131/1224311003653.html

Hopped in over the hoarding myself once for a look around, Some view from the very top.:D

DT100 wrote: »
    Any one know of good PC repair shop in Clonmel.I need laptop dc connector repaired or replaced? Any idea on how much this would cost? Thanks:D
    To replace would say 100 euro.Can they be repaired? Google your laptop at amazon and get an idea of price

The latest extension to the waste of space white elephant that is the Showgrounds.. of course that's what clonmel needs, more takeaways, Womens fashion boutiques and bloody €2 discount stores.
    nothing wrong with showgrounds. at least no pay euro to park. when in Clonmel I go there would never shop in town centre

To replace would say 100 euro.Can they be repaired? Google your laptop at amazon and get an idea of price

100 euro to replace...phew...From what I read they can be repaired with the soldering gun.plus some anti static bands.Its my son's.if it was mine it would be open already:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ring 'The Tech Heads' at 0872227271.or call to there repair shop in Marystone center beside O2 phone shop.They'll fix that for you I'd say.

100 euro to replace...phew...From what I read they can be repaired with the soldering gun.plus some anti static bands.Its my son's.if it was mine it would be open already:D
    well when i needed a new one some years ago it was 90 euro. i presume we are talking about the same thing? This is what I mean. maybe they can be repaired but i was not able to

looking at prices now seems i was hornswaggled

similar to mine

see also

So maybe much cheaper now. Mine was a compaq presario

DT100, avoid PC Wizard near Bolton Street/The Local. I was there before and got the distinct feeling that I was heavily ripped off. Same problem popped up later after my visit and I fixed it by searching the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

There's two ways to fix your laptop.
    1. new motherboard - Expensive
    2. really skilful soldering - Hard to find someone willing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

DT100, avoid PC Wizard near Bolton Street/The Local. I was there before and got the distinct feeling that I was heavily ripped off. Same problem popped up later after my visit and I fixed it by searching the internet.

I have to agree with you on that^

€100 sounds expensive, try posting the specific part on the computer section of the forum, they should be able to help you source a cheaper replacement.

Thanks for all the replies about the laptop.I went in search of the receipt,I thought he had it longer than three years,but it is only three years in December.I rang them,they will collect and fix and return...but then the guy said " You could lose some data during repair,so take off what you want to keep"...But with a flat battery that would be hard.They will do it in the shop when I can get it there.So all is good.

I see the Euroland shop [think thats the right name] in Mitchell Street is closing down.I hear there are good bargains in the liquidation sale in Fitzgerald &Nash Irishtown.Think its on till Saturday.

I see the Euroland shop [think thats the right name] in Mitchell Street is closing down.I hear there are good bargains in the liquidation sale in Fitzgerald &Nash Irishtown.Think its on till Saturday.
    heard there are two shop closed in showgrounds?One is open on fridays only as a craft shop

• Registered Users Posts: 16 R3D_D3V1L

Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the free wifi?, keeps being put back it seems

Is it true St Michaels hospital is now a locked ward and if so why?

Do you mean a ward is locked,or the hospital is?

• Advertisement

R3D_D3V1L wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the free wifi?, keeps being put back it seems

Brian Cleary who's running the scheme as far as I know has an account here but that has been quiet along with the thread about it. So no real news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 taramori

In regards to Local Heroes Clonmel just a few things. The commitee is ran by someone from the council , a project Co-Ordinator that has been involved in businesses and groups for ten years in Clonmel , A local business owner in Clonmel, One from Fethard which is chair of a long running business group in Clonmel, another lady who is a local clonmel business owner that has done marketing for local companies for a long time and has also worked with the Tipp and Waterford Institute of technology and a Director of a national company who lives in Clonmel.So the question I want to ask is " Cutainpoles ? " Where have yousourced you inaccurate information. Local Heroes works with almost every community and business group in Clonmel to do one thing only and that is to promote Clonmel. This is a Voluntary Project so I am confused why you would think that the committee and volunteers would want glory from this. Weare only getting if any clips on Rte so we will not be on the telly so that is also unfounded. I dont understand sometimes why a town that is clearly in need of everyone getting together would promote such negativity. If you have a business in town that is so clearly successful then wouldnt it help you also to help someone else.Cmon people !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brian Cleary

Got a text to tell me there was a wifi post here.

I'm not a frequent visitor so apologies.

The latest on the wifi is that the final part of the 'puzzle' will be in place in the next three days. We were held up while waiting for one of the sites to be fitted out by its new occupants. All going to plan with testing and so on it should be live at some stage next week.

Do you mean a ward is locked,or the hospital is?
    Since found out that the whole of michaels is a locked ward or locked hosp if you like. security on main front door. Don't know what it is about. am told admissions are not going there even now apparently admitted to Kilkenny now. Stand to be corrected, heard from someone in Clonmel

Got a text to tell me there was a wifi post here.

I'm not a frequent visitor so apologies.

The latest on the wifi is that the final part of the 'puzzle' will be in place in the next three days. We were held up while waiting for one of the sites to be fitted out by its new occupants. All going to plan with testing and so on it should be live at some stage next week.
    how far out will it go from the centre of town say from o connell street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brian Cleary

Barry, the plan in the initial term is to go from O'Keefes to the Westgate and from Upper Gladstone Street/Morton Street to Sarsfield Street and all spots in between. Depending on a number of considerations (availability of finance, take up and usage of the service) we may extend further in time to come.

Testing of the service will be carried out in the coming days and as soon as it is live I'll come back on to this page and make a post (hopefully from the middle of the street!).

The director at the Chamber behind this and others have put huge time and effort into this. The hold ups were property and paperwork based and were totally unforeseeable, but the end appears to be in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

Just wondering where in clonmel is the best to get a tattoo, flaming dice or magics.Which has the best reputation

Since found out that the whole of michaels is a locked ward or locked hosp if you like. security on main front door. Don't know what it is about. am told admissions are not going there even now apparently admitted to Kilkenny now. Stand to be corrected, heard from someone in Clonmel

So I presume that visitors to the hospital will have to be let in by the security.Why is that I wonder,what about the patient's who smoke,can they go outside,or do they have to be left outside.I wonder how the patients feel at being locked in.It sound like somethng from the olden day's.

Barry, the plan in the initial term is to go from O'Keefes to the Westgate and from Upper Gladstone Street/Morton Street to Sarsfield Street and all spots in between. Depending on a number of considerations (availability of finance, take up and usage of the service) we may extend further in time to come.

Testing of the service will be carried out in the coming days and as soon as it is live I'll come back on to this page and make a post (hopefully from the middle of the street!).

The director at the Chamber behind this and others have put huge time and effort into this. The hold ups were property and paperwork based and were totally unforeseeable, but the end appears to be in sight!

Would ya be able to pick up that on a Phillip's savvy phone? Will ye be putting extra seats on the street's,so people can bring along their laptop's and phones..sounds like a great idea.

• Advertisement

So I presume that visitors to the hospital will have to be let in by the security.Why is that I wonder,what about the patient's who smoke,can they go outside,or do they have to be left outside.I wonder how the patients feel at being locked in.It sound like somethng from the olden day's.
    Good question. Have not seen the local 'papers' address it

Advertisement