Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

does anyone know is it possible to get to fethard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is Clonmel to Fethard then onto Kilsheelan passable on a bike? Not today for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

dahat wrote: »
    Is Clonmel to Fethard then onto Kilsheelan passable on a bike? Not today for tomorrow.

At the moment yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭dahat

At the moment yes.

Fingers crossed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

bad flood at Maxol station on the fethard road no signs so take care there.

• Advertisement

I went to town this morning, went via Nire road, the diversion sign was still in place. The road is fine, there was a sign "road closed" on the Clonmel direction at the turn to Powers the Pot, but I kept on going towards Clonmel, and everybody was doing same. There were a few men working at clearing the road on the stretch of the tall trees "tunnel".

I have to agree, the gawkers are out in force, and it's really annoying when you want to get from A to B. Some people will just dramatically slow to a crawl when they see a little stream gone heavy on the side of the road !
    I was fit to kill someone by the time I got home, aaaaages later than I should have been.

Well you don't know whats under water at roadside..Better to slow down than have to replace tyre/tracking/balljoint..I hit a pothole at speed once,and wished I had slowed down..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I didn't have in mind water on the road, but on the side of the road, say, in the ditches etc... I was behind a car that day that slowed down every time there was something like that in the scenery on the sides of the road. I understand people slowing down for water on the road, I do it myself sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Kilganey is being evacuated tonight. Other areas, Suir Island etc, on stand by if it goes over 4m

touts wrote: »
    Kilganey is being evacuated tonight. Other areas, Suir Island etc, on stand by if it goes over 4m

Christ, that's bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That's just shocking!!
    What about areas in the city centre like Dillon Street, Clonmel ?
    Pray for all.

• Advertisement

That's just shocking!!
    What about areas in the city centre like Dillon Street, Clonmel ?
    Pray for all.

City centre is still ok

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Does anyone know is the clonmel to cashel road pasdable ? Heard clerihan was badly flooded at the end of the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Quick update. According to Ger Walsh from the council on the radio this morning the houses are in no immediate danger of flooding but the road might become impassable. Evacuation orders and warnings still in place as more rain expected over next few days.

According to waterlevels.ie the level of the river actually fell last night.

Does anyone know why the policy in Clonmel seems to be to evacuate areas before they flood while in Athlone, Limerick etc the policy seems to be to defend any homes that are likely to be flooded. Is this a change in approach nationally or do Tipperary have a different policy to other councils?

Quick update. According to Ger Walsh from the council on the radio this morning the houses are in no immediate danger of flooding but the road might become impassable. Evacuation orders and warnings still in place as more rain expected over next few days.

According to waterlevels.ie the level of the river actually fell last night.

Does anyone know why the policy in Clonmel seems to be to evacuate areas before they flood while in Athlone, Limerick etc the policy seems to be to defend any homes that are likely to be flooded. Is this a change in approach nationally or do Tipperary have a different policy to other councils?

The reason given last night was that they wanted to evacuate while the area was still accessible by motor vehicle, rather than the harder task of having to use boats. However, not all the families did leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm only guessing, I don't know that, but the fact that the area is below the flood barrier measures might be a bit more worrying safety wise than an area gradually flooding, no ?
    I mean the river is strong enough flowing through town, and would the onset of a flood in the middle of the night there be more dangerous than other areas that might have flooded more progressively ?

Especially for bungalows I guess.

I'm only guessing, I don't know that, but the fact that the area is below the flood barrier measures might be a bit more worrying safety wise than an area gradually flooding, no ?
    I mean the river is strong enough flowing through town, and would the onset of a flood in the middle of the night there be more dangerous than other areas that might have flooded more progressively ?

Especially for bungalows I guess.

Nail on head

Does anyone know of a peace commissioner/ commissioner of oaths in clonmel ? Need a form signed by one and dont know who to go to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a peace commissioner/ commissioner of oaths in clonmel ? Need a form signed by one and dont know who to go to :)

Richie Molly is one. He's always happy to help and meets in the age action office across from the arms.

brilliant ill give a shout into him tomorrow :) thanks F34 ! :)

Joe Leahy he's located beside the book centre in O Connell Street.

• Advertisement

great either will do so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Any solicitor is one also

Another restaurant gone in town, Coopers steak house have announced they are closing down the steak house and running Coopers pub as a steakhouse instead, have to say i'm dissapointed as it was a nice place, but at least you will be able to get food in the pub now.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭bobster453

snipey wrote: »
    Another restaurant gone in town, Coopers steak house have announced they are closing down the steak house and running Coopers pub as a steakhouse instead, have to say i'm dissapointed as it was a nice place, but at least you will be able to get food in the pub now.

Wasnt really a restaurant tho was it, I mean the food was terrible and the service even worse, nicer in the pub altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Bad News for the small Town of Borrisoleigh.

It is understood the group intends to close its water bottling plant at Borrisoleigh in Tipperary, where it employs 140 staff, and its cider-making plant at Shepton Mallet in Somerset

Some of the closed production facilities will transfer to C&C’s main facility at Clonmel, Co Tipperary, where an additional 80 jobs are expected to be created.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

bobster453 wrote: »
    Wasnt really a restaurant tho was it, I mean the food was terrible and the service even worse, nicer in the pub altogether

God it wasn't that bad, I was there a few times and could not complain. In the pub the other night and got a good fillet steak and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

bobster453 wrote: »

What is required there is a good big pub serving quality. Plenty of parking there, but it never had the class of a "restaurant".

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Isn't this the restaurant a few buildings down the road across from the tyres place, not the restaurant downstairs as part of the pub. I get the impression some of you are thinking it's that place, may be wrong.

It.s the restaurant where Cliffords was, the pub is where the restaurant is now,downstairs and up in the pub, it's not that small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Xenophile wrote: »
    Bad News for the small Town of Borrisoleigh.

It is understood the group intends to close its water bottling plant at Borrisoleigh in Tipperary, where it employs 140 staff, and its cider-making plant at Shepton Mallet in Somerset

Some of the closed production facilities will transfer to C&C’s main facility at Clonmel, Co Tipperary, where an additional 80 jobs are expected to be created.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/c-c-to-shut-two-plants-with-the-loss-of-more-than-260-jobs-1.2493064

Yet another blow for C&C employees.

Advertisement